Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There goes the neighborhood!!!!!!

tag
thorice
New Contributor

There goes the neighborhood!!!!!!

I'm from Ohio and I have been doing equafix online dispute for quite a while now. I have been able to get 4 collections and 7 inquiries off my credit report. So today I went to equifax online dispute and "Surprise" it says "The following zip code is managed by CSC CREDIT SERVICES now. So is this a good thing or a bad thing considering I have never messed with them before.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: There goes the neighborhood!!!!!!

CSC sounds like a CA to me. Definitely not a credit reporting service.

I have no clue why they told you that. They aren't on your CR are they, for a past collection?
Message 2 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Nope, CSC is an independent consumer reporting service who represents EQ products in 15 states. I have no experience with them but word at this forum and others is that they can be difficult work with much like EX is. Here's more info.

Message 3 of 6
RUSTY101
Regular Contributor

I believe they are a service provider for eq. When I dispute they tell me I have to go to csc, they handle my zip code. I would dispute with eq, but the updated cr would come from csc
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you fused. I learn something new every day. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSC is the devil!  They are horrible about sending out the results of disputes in a timely manner.  I always call them at the 29 day mark and tell them they need to close the file and send me the results.  You HAVE to stay on top of them.  I think they print the dispute results after the 30 day mark but then wait several days, even weeks before they post mark them.  At least with my disputes.  I have their phone number in my cell.  That's how often I speak with them.  I call it and get a live person after listening to a recorded message. In fact I spoke with them twice today and along with EQ twice also. 
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.