Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

There is no delinquent account on my report, but my score dropped

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no delinquent account on my report, but my score dropped

I get free FICO scores through several of my credit card companies. The companies who get their information from TransUnion have reported over the past month or two that my score has dropped 80 points due to a "serious delinquency".

I have reviewed my credit reports for all three bureaus and there are no negative items AT ALL and certainly nothing recent.

I contacted one of the credit card companies, who told me to contact TransUnion.

When I called TransUnion, they could not tell me my exact score without me coughing up money for it, but they did tell me the score that they have is different. They confirmed that there are no negative items on my account, but I just got another notification from another credit card company saying I have a delinquency that has impacted my credit score (also based on TU's information), and so I'm starting to worry that there is something wrong that I am unable to see for some reason.

Are there any seasoned pros who have experience with this?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: There is no delinquent account on my report, but my score dropped

Do you have a Credit Karma account? Scores are worthless, but the reports are nice and free. They alert fairly quickly to any changes as well.

Message 2 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

Do you have a Credit Karma account? It's free, gives you a useless Vantage score, but gives you full detail of your accounts - balances, late payments, delinquencies, etc. Also TU's free TrueIdentity.com gives you free but more basic detail than Credit Karma, but gives you a summary of account balances & any delinquencies / negative items. For mutable credit card companies something is going on, and I wouldn't trust what TU tells you over the phone.  YOu say you've laready checked all 3 reports, but the more reports you check the better you might be able to see what's going on.

Do you have TU frozen? If so the CC companies may not be able to access your current report and are getting bad info. I hate to say it but it may be ID theft, someone opening accounts in your name and running them up & not paying. Check that your name & address are correct.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP, when you say you reviewed your credit reports from all 3B, where did you get those reports from?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditconfusion

I do not have a Credit Karma account -- I will look in to it!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveinAZ

I don't have a Credit Karma account -- sounds like I should change that. Can't recall if I did TU Frozen -- I took a number of steps after the breach but can't recall what I did exactly. All the info on my report (addresses, accounts, etc) look correct, so so far I can't see any signs of ID theft, and yet here's this "serious delinquency".

Important point of clarification though: to my knowledge there are three credit bureaus, so if I've checked all three and see nothing, where is this delinquency coming from? As in: what information would "more reports" have that are not captured in reports from the three credit bureaus?

Thanks for your help!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BrutalBodyShots
I was able to access Experian and Equifax's reports through annualcreditreport.com but I had viewed TU's too recently and had to do it surruptitiously -- I found that if you start to file a discrepency through their website, you are able to view your report without paying the $20/month they want to charge you.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.