Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

They refused my dv letter!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

They refused my dv letter!

I sent a dv letter (certified return receipt) to AFNI and they refused it! What do I do now. The debt is not mine and I would like it removed. I have disputed it a few times and oddly they are always able to verify it to the bureaus satisfaction.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: They refused my dv letter!

Afni has showed up on my BF CR and he is having similar issues with getting the DV. He has tried to get it removed from his CR but the CRA feel it is verified to their satisfaction. Maybe someone can chime in and help both of you with Afni. From reading other posts, I think there is something that can be done.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, that's pretty blatant! Did you send it to the address listed on your credit report?

If you did send it to the address listed on your credit report I would immediately file a complaint with your state's Attorney General, and the AG in the state where the CA is located. THEN, I'd send a copy of the green card & the DV letter to the CRAs that are reporting, along with a demand for deletion letter (referencing the AG complaint number(s)), based upon their refusal to validate the debt. If the CRAs refuse to delete, I'd file a complaint with the FTC & send a MOV letter to the CRAs. If they refuse to delete after that, I'd send ITS letters to the CAs, the CRAs (CMRR) and contact a consumer attorney to pursue FCRA & FDCPA violations as a civil suit. Or, you can file yourself.

If you sent it to an address other than the one listed on your credit report, I'd send a 2nd DV notice (make certain that your letter indicates that this is the 2nd notice) before going through the steps above.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that's pretty blatant! Did you send it to the address listed on your credit report?

If you did send it to the address listed on your credit report I would immediately file a complaint with your state's Attorney General, and the AG in the state where the CA is located. THEN, I'd send a copy of the green card & the DV letter to the CRAs that are reporting, along with a demand for deletion letter (referencing the AG complaint number(s)), based upon their refusal to validate the debt. If the CRAs refuse to delete, I'd file a complaint with the FTC & send a MOV letter to the CRAs. If they refuse to delete after that, I'd send ITS letters to the CAs, the CRAs (CMRR) and contact a consumer attorney to pursue FCRA & FDCPA violations as a civil suit. Or, you can file yourself.

If you sent it to an address other than the one listed on your credit report, I'd send a 2nd DV notice (make certain that your letter indicates that this is the 2nd notice) before going through the steps above.

i agree with you, but I would do things in a different order.

send DV letter to the address on the credit report.

if it returns undeliverable, file complaints with BBB, AGs in your and their state, and FTC for failure to provide updated contact information.

then send letter CMRRR to CRA with copy of DV letter, GC or returned undeliverable envelope, BBB and AGs complaint numbers, asking to delete for impossibility to verify existence of creditor and impossibility to obtain validation. Remind CRA in your letter that using incorrect contact information is a violation of FCRA - should the CRA do not delete, you would consider the CRA in willful violation of FCRA as well.

If CRA does not delete you can file complaints agains CRA with BBB, AGs in both states and FTC.

do not send ITS letters to CRA.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.