Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I've figured out and some questions

tag
danev2
Established Member

Things I've figured out and some questions

Been reading this forum and researching for several weeks. Went to buy a house last January and found out I had a low 500's score! Yikes. Now after investigating credit fixing services and deciding that they are suspect in my opinion, and they really can't do anything I can't do myself. Spent many evenings in Barnes & Noble reading credit fixing books and discovered no really new info. SO I disputed, corrected and fixed it myself to a score of 625 TU, 598 EXP & 574 EQX in two! months! BUT I still have some naggging issues that need some sort of fix. and I need a bit of advise on how to do it. 1. Had a HELOC with my credit union, (whom I've been a member for 10 yrs) Last January it was late. That was the month I sold my house, was closing on it, I was getting settled in my new job. IN short alot was going on. and I forgot about it. IT was late.. BUT it seriously nailed my credit. mortgage late 30 days. I have talked to them, over and over, they won't budge. NO amount of good willing seems to work. The insist that they will report it as it is. Late. I am thinking of insisting on talking an executive level person. Ideas? 2. Several years ago I bought some land from a developer. Raw land 5 acres. The developer carried the note. Then he sold the note to a Covington Capital Corp, in Midvale UT. So I stated sending them the payment. this was 4 years ago. then about 3 years ago they started saying I owed extra. so I made double payments.. and it didn't fix it. The end effect was a running 120 day late for over 6 months!! And it's reported as a real estate mortgage. Now it eventually reduced to 60 day then 30 and last year I got caught up and was on time for 8 months straight. and I paid off in full last Jan when I sold the house. They won't budge either on the reporting. I have talked to them repeatedly. Is there a way I can dispute this as NOT a conventional real estate mortgage. I never applied for a loan with the developer. It was just a purchase contract. I never applied for anything when the note was transferred. How can I fix this? Is it unethical to dispute this as non real estate loan? These two items on my reports have me stymied. the info I've read on this forum has been very useful now I just need some fresh ideas., thanks for any help Dane V
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Things I've figured out and some questions

On your secound question: Yes it is a conventional real estate mortgage. Raw land is real estate. You may not have filled out an application for a mortgage but when you agreed to make payments in the purchase contract you were signing a mortgage.

Also how could they say that your payments were not enough if you were paying the amount agreed to in the purchase contract. Just because somebody bought the note does not mean that they can change the terms. They can't unless the contract specifically states that they can, and then they have to notify you of the new terms in advance.

Also You need to break your post up into paragraphs, it makes it much easier to read then the run on mess that it is. If you are using firefox there is a box to check in options to do this but I do not know what it is as I am not currently using firefox.

Message Edited by cowpaddi on 04-03-2008 10:00 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.