Did you mean: 

Think a GW would help here?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Think a GW would help here?

fused111 wrote:

Noah_Bodie wrote:
The GW may get you somewhere. Since the loan is now paid off, nothing to PFD. Although some have wondered aloud about a form of PFD whereby one offers to pay some sort of "administrative fee" in exchange for a delete.

This admin fee, sounds like the lender is accepting a kickback.Smiley Happy  Just a thought!

Yeah, it does sound like it's perhaps problematic.

The way I originally heard it presented was this. The OC (a CCC I think) had waived some late and overlimit fees. The debtor offered to pay those in exchange for a delete. This way there was something legit to pay.
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

The PFD was for something else- an old cc that last pymnt was in march '04. Strangely - they just happened to call me a couple of minutes ago. I stated that I had actually just sent a letter. Collector wanted to know what it said, exactly...Told him I had sent a settlement offer and that I knew the SOL was three years in my state. Oh, man! He went off like a bottlerocket! The things he said. So offensive to a little ol' southern gal. He called on my cell phone and was breaking up a little - I said "Excuse me?" because I didn't hear everything he said, and he says, "Did I STUTTER?"
 I hung up.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

TexMontana wrote:
Strangely - they just happened to call me a couple of minutes ago. I stated that I had actually just sent a letter. Collector wanted to know what it said, exactly...Told him I had sent a settlement offer and that I knew the SOL was three years in my state. Oh, man! He went off like a bottlerocket! The things he said. So offensive to a little ol' southern gal.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and presume you're either in Texas or Montana.

If it's Texas, you can tape your phone calls and you don't have to tell the person on the other end you are recording. If it's Montana, then you do have to tell them you are recording.

If you're in Texas, the consumer protection laws are quite strong. Texas AG has a lot on their website, and I believe their office is quite helpful to consumers dealing with a CA who would seem to clearly be in violation of the law. Catch 'em on tape using profanity, threats (legal or physical threats), et al. and you can perhaps make them end up paying you to delete. There are lots of consumer lawyers eager to take cases of CAs caught on tape making threats and using profanity. Sadly, this sort of behavior is all too common amongst CAs and JDBs.

In Montana, while you have to tell them you are recording, it can still work to your benefit. Has a way of "soothing the savage beast" when they know they are being recorded and can later be used against them in a court of law.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

From Texas
In Oklahoma!

And much thanks!

I read the sol's in my state and I think I understand that it's three years. The account was closed in 2002, and the last payment was in 2004. The polite gentleman caller said I "could try and sell that crap to somebody who's buying!"

I just jotted a short and sweet DON'T EVER CALL ME AGAIN letter that I will send CMRRR tomorrow.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

In Oklahoma, you can record and you don't have to tell 'em you're recording.

Only thing about Cease and Desist, they won't ever call you but the TL won't drop from your CRs. If you keep the lines of communication open, they might continue to harass and use profane language, and that can mean you get paid.

If you record 'em, and they are the same potty mouth fools, you've got more than adequate grounds to get a "heavily leveraged" PFD.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the way you think.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Must have some Texan in me. Give 'em the rope while I go find a horse and a tree.
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is getting a 5 in ranking. Best thing I have heard all day. TY

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Must have some Texan in me. Give 'em the rope while I go find a horse and a tree.

Message Edited by Timothy on 06-25-2007 09:40 PM
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.