Established Contributor

Think a GW would help here?

Hi,  all-

I've been divorced for almost  4 years. In the split, the ex got the house, and promptly started screwing up. He almost went into forclosure. He ended up selling the house a couple of years ago, but the lates are ofcourse showing up on my CR. I disputed, sending copies of the divorce decree, and understand why the lates were not removed from my CR. TU even shows a notation that the house was resposibility of ex spouse.  I was wondering if antone here thinks a GW letter to Washington Mutual Mortgage co would do anygood.
Thanks in advance!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Think a GW would help here?

It is worth a shot.

Established Contributor

you've got absolutely nothing to lose.
Established Contributor

...except my time, which is highly valuable. ;-) Thanks!
" I like to live as a poor man, with a lot of money." - Pablo Picasso (who was a jerk.)
Senior Contributor

TexMontana wrote:
...except my time, which is highly valuable. ;-) Thanks!

23 posts and 423 minutes spent online. It's ain't the Magna Carta, it's a GW letter.

Established Contributor

Um. It was but a joke. Thanks for letting me know what I've been up to, though.
Senior Contributor

My attempt at humor seems to have failed to demonstrate that the time necessary for a GW letter isn't exhaustive, results vary, but your odds are much better than if you do nothing. There are no magic bullets, and GW doesn't always succeed the first time. However, you don't have any other options if the lates were legit lates and your name was on the mortgage at the time they were incurred.

Established Contributor

Thanks- I figured as much.
I did send the mortgage company a GW letter. And heck, since I was in the mood and got a solid 2 1/2 hours of sleep last night, I went ahead and sent one to every other creditor I paid off for the ex.  And why not throw in a PFD while I'm at it? Done!
Senior Contributor

The GW may get you somewhere. Since the loan is now paid off, nothing to PFD. Although some have wondered aloud about a form of PFD whereby one offers to pay some sort of "administrative fee" in exchange for a delete.

Moderator Emeritus

Noah_Bodie wrote:
The GW may get you somewhere. Since the loan is now paid off, nothing to PFD. Although some have wondered aloud about a form of PFD whereby one offers to pay some sort of "administrative fee" in exchange for a delete.

This admin fee, sounds like the lender is accepting a kickback.Smiley Happy  Just a thought!
Credit Profile -
FICO 08 Scores (03-26-2015): EQ 814, EX 817, TU 822
All three scores were 850. Lost points for not having an open installment TL. So, BE WARNED!!!!!
Credit History: 26 years ~ AAoA: 13 years ~ Util: 1% ~ Inqs: EX 1, EQ 1

Credit Cards: Amex BCP ~ Amex Clear ~ Amex Platinum ~ Barclay Ring Mastercard ~ Chase Freedom Visa ~ CITI Dividend Platinum World Mastercard ~ FIA Fidelity Investment Platinum Visa ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.