Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Thinkng of Suing Experian, your thoughts

bump..
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, you are not only one. I disputed my report with Equifax after Capital One sending out letters for me. Equifax fixed it. I disputed with Experian but Experian answer is "whatever, go away". I haven't heard from Transunion but I am going to check it later today. If Transunion decided not to correct my report, I am planning to sue both companies for the $2.00 late payment due to Capital One error or the transitioning period of HSBC to CApital One. Just because the creditor screwed up, why do I have to pay for it for the next SEVEN years!!!! I am not letting this go, small claim court it is. I will, keep harrass them everytime the result comes out. Keep calling your bank and have them send multiple letters to the bureaus. These bureaus could ruin people life anytime they want and we have to stop them.

Updated-11 Aug 2014.

Equifax didn't update the Apr 2013 error. Equifax only updated the recent error of 4 July, 2014 where there put a negative remark on me for $0.00 balance not paid. $0.00 balance, that's right folk. However, after the correction my Fico jumped from 722 to 766 (3 Aug 2014 report from Equifax.com). Right now it is 781 which I just pulled today 11 Aug, 2014. 

Experian - No correction

Transunion - No correction

I guess, I will just forget it. After all my Fico Score is high right now. Lesson learn - Do not trust any of the company. Human made mistake, resulting in system error and that will impact your score. You don't have any free will but what you can do is constantly check your balance and payment so that you can find the system error from the lenders website ie. automatic payment.  You can send two payments within a month from your own banking system beside the "automatic" payment. So if one failed, the other will take care of the problem.

Message 12 of 16
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

You need a cause of action, maybe negligence. But you need to establish whether it is the bank, credit bureau or both. The credit burea seems to show good faith as they corrected it but the same thing happened again. You need to find out what is the proper jurisdiction, if the bank or credit bureau, which state are they domiciled in or headquartered in, Delaware is common. Are you willing to fly and stay in Delaware for extended periods until the case is resolved (years), and if you lose, be willing to eat the expenses. You need to hire an attorney, and pay that attorney. This is already geting pricey. You need to show damages so if you lost a mortgage you need to establish and have the bank tstify in fact they would have offered you so and do specific rate for so and so loan and have it in paper, otherwise it is hard to establish that fact and that is just speculation otherwise. You have to have a lot of time for this and from work. Is it worth it to you, if so, yes sue as often with lawsuits it is not about the money but it is personal and someone feels wronged. Do you feel that strongly about it. If it was me I'd just contact both the bank and make sure they are reporting the information correctly. I rather work, rest, an have fun since my time is limited in this world so I'd like to do other things like write a paragraph in this forum.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boy this thought sure has crossed my mind as well! I called to have dispute status removed from my credit report with experian and they supposedly updated the three accounts in question. A week later I checked it and they removed the disputes then added something along the lines of "Not paying as agreed" and didn't even bother with the othe. I called them back once I noticed the mistakes. Their reply was to sell me a monitoring service. I declined and said I already had one. They spent the next ten minutes pushing it and each time I declined. Then she it was not experians fault that it was already showing "not paying as agreed". I told her I was looking at the last ten months of my credit reports, including two from my home loan processor and it was not on any of them until I had asked for the dispute to be removed. I asked if she could explain that.... next thing I know, I get disconnected. Spent all morining on the phone with all three agencies verifying information and all three seemed more interested in selling me more monitoring services than anything else. Top that off with people that are not speaking clear english and responding to every question with scripted answer and it creates mess after mess. I have a feeling these messes are going to cost me this home loan. It does not seem appropraite that they essentially sell us our credit scores and create messes of our reports. It's almost like extortion or something. Maybe that's not the correct term, but its absured nonetheless. 

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

You need a cause of action, maybe negligence. But you need to establish whether it is the bank, credit bureau or both. The credit burea seems to show good faith as they corrected it but the same thing happened again. You need to find out what is the proper jurisdiction, if the bank or credit bureau, which state are they domiciled in or headquartered in, Delaware is common. Are you willing to fly and stay in Delaware for extended periods until the case is resolved (years), and if you lose, be willing to eat the expenses. You need to hire an attorney, and pay that attorney. This is already geting pricey. You need to show damages so if you lost a mortgage you need to establish and have the bank tstify in fact they would have offered you so and do specific rate for so and so loan and have it in paper, otherwise it is hard to establish that fact and that is just speculation otherwise. You have to have a lot of time for this and from work. Is it worth it to you, if so, yes sue as often with lawsuits it is not about the money but it is personal and someone feels wronged. Do you feel that strongly about it. If it was me I'd just contact both the bank and make sure they are reporting the information correctly. I rather work, rest, an have fun since my time is limited in this world so I'd like to do other things like write a paragraph in this forum.

Hi youdontkillmoney, thanks for the reply. Yeah, it is a headache. I just updated my post from early today above. I don't think it worth my time to spend to fix the $2.00 issue but at least I fixed the recent one, from 722 to 761 (now 781).. That was a big hit on me because of an error from somebody else. The only thing I learn is to keep monitoring my account, credit report etc.. at least twice a month. In case something happened, identity theft, company negligence etc.. I could fix the problem within 30 days. However, sometimes job took you away from everything so you have make sure you arranged payments using your own banking free e-payment and not relying on the lender's automatic payment. If they stopped it because of their system error or something, you have to pay for the next 7 years to be cleared.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Boy this thought sure has crossed my mind as well! I called to have dispute status removed from my credit report with experian and they supposedly updated the three accounts in question. A week later I checked it and they removed the disputes then added something along the lines of "Not paying as agreed" and didn't even bother with the othe. I called them back once I noticed the mistakes. Their reply was to sell me a monitoring service. I declined and said I already had one. They spent the next ten minutes pushing it and each time I declined. Then she it was not experians fault that it was already showing "not paying as agreed". I told her I was looking at the last ten months of my credit reports, including two from my home loan processor and it was not on any of them until I had asked for the dispute to be removed. I asked if she could explain that.... next thing I know, I get disconnected. Spent all morining on the phone with all three agencies verifying information and all three seemed more interested in selling me more monitoring services than anything else. Top that off with people that are not speaking clear english and responding to every question with scripted answer and it creates mess after mess. I have a feeling these messes are going to cost me this home loan. It does not seem appropraite that they essentially sell us our credit scores and create messes of our reports. It's almost like extortion or something. Maybe that's not the correct term, but its absured nonetheless. 

Yep, the best answer they could give you is to buy their product(s). Every conversation you make with them always ended with "... . buy our credit monitoring blah, blah.... you will be protected.. blah blah blah.. " Right. Like your case, first is to make copies of your old documentation (reports) and the new documentation. Send them to the whoever lender account for review. Ask the lender to correct the error. The report will be send up later to the 3 agencies and the error should be corrected at least by law. If they (the 3 credit bureaus) are resisitence to it, report them to BBB and provide them all the documentation or any recent mails you send to the credit bureaus or your lenders. (Make sure you use certified mail, that way nobody could make any excuse of not receiving your letter). 

My error was I cleaned up my things including my old documentation by burning them last Christmas. However, something that I couldn't control was Cap1 the current lender took over HSBC account and my old online documentation was all gone. I couldn't retrieve them unfortunately at least on my side. I am hoping your issue will get resolved in a swift.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.