Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is weird....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is weird....

I included my car loan in my bk.  It is still being reported as OK on my EQ report (according to my USAA credit pull) from filing until September.  Is this typical?  It's reported as KD for July on EX and not reported on TU.  I wonder what that's all about....

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: This is weird....

A debt discharged by BK requires the creditor/debt owner to then update their reporting to $0 debt balance due.  There is no longer a debt due to them.

However, it does not require the deletion of any derogatory information reported on the debt prior to its discharge.

Recording of "OK" in payment history profile is often inserted if no reporting is received for a given month, or it is just left blank.  I suspect they simply stopped reporting any continued delinquencies, as they no longer care to update an account for which they can pursue no debt..

The other codes that recorded the delinquencies remain, and will still show the delinquency of the account at the time the debt was discharged.

Not, in my opinion, a significant reporting issue.  The significant issue is that they update the balance to reflect $0.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This is weird....

Okay, awesome.  Thanks for the response!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.