Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is what Care Credit said

tag
itzateach
Regular Contributor

This is what Care Credit said

on my TC report tonight:

Remarks: [TransUnion] Canceled by credit grantor   [Experian] Account has been closed due to inactivity.   [Equifax] Closed or paid account/zero balance
Accounts closed by credit grantor

So it was closed after all Smiley Sad  I thought it was a hard inquiry but on TC it isn't showing under inquiries. Fico scorewatch reported it.....so I am not sure now if it was hard or not.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: This is what Care Credit said

SW reported the Inquiry? SW only reports hard inquiries.

I'm confused what you are really asking here.

If you could provide a little more information, it would be helpful.

Message 2 of 7
itzateach
Regular Contributor

Scorewatch reported it as an inquiry but on TC it doesn't show up in the inquiry section??? So, I am unsure if this is a soft or hard pull. But you are saying TC only reports hard so it must be hard, correct?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TC and SW only report hard pulls.

Do you have an account with them? Did you apply for a new account?

I am not understanding the situation. You post something related to an account and then talk about inquiries.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading a previous post of yours, I understand a little more now.

Did they do an inquiry, open the account, then close the account?

Was the account already open and they did a follow up inquiry and then closed the account?

A timeline of when and what happened would greatly assist us in assisting you.

I would call them and find out what the deal is.

Did you receive a letter after you applied saying if you were approved or denied?

I had applied with a different place and was denied, only to have the account show up on my report as a closed account. When I called, I was told that the account was opened in error, therefore they closed it. I was able to have it removed, seeing as they never extended me credit and I had a letter showing that.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 10-26-2008 11:41 AM
Message 5 of 7
itzateach
Regular Contributor

Sorry for not being clear. I opened up the Care Credit account a few years ago and never used it. On Sunday, Care Credit first did an inquiry, and then closed it for inactivity. I am not sure what the inquiry was for (checking my score to see if I was worth keeping?). I was just wondering in my original post why it would show as hard on SW but on my TC report, it doesn't show up in the inquiry section, making me think it wasn't a hard pull. LOL...does that make sense now? Maybe it is way tooo late when I post!!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that makes sense.

That does seem odd. Are you sure that SW didn't alert you to the account change instead of the inquiry?

Have you tried pulling your reports directly from the CRA(EQ, at least) to see how it appears.

https://aa.econsumer.equifax.com/aad/landing.ehtml

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.