cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This makes no sense Who is CA? and What to do?

tag
hataboutbob
Established Member

Re: This makes no sense Who is CA? and What to do?

Annualcreditreport.com and myfico. Both have relatively the same info.
12/11/07 TU-730 EQ-673 EX-657
03/08/08 TU-694 EQ-654 EX-708
Message 11 of 12
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: This makes no sense Who is CA? and What to do?

With the reports from annualcreditreport.com, those normally have the full information.  With myfico, sometimes it does not.

It looks to me like the older CA sold to the newer, though nothing actually verifies that.  Frankly if it were my situation, I would dispute the one with the code name and DV the other.  The safest thing to do is to DV both and then dispute once they have gotten the DV letter.  If you call the OC they should be able to tell you if they own the account still or if they sold, and who it was sold to.  This doesn't mean that they will also know who that CA might have re-sold to though.

Before you proceed, check your state's debt collecting SOL.  If you are still within it but it's almost up, you might want to wait until it has passed before dealing with these since the accounts have not been reporting for a number of years .
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.