cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throughout BK mortgage paid - Chase refuses to rpt pymnt history.

tag
frfiv40

Throughout BK mortgage paid - Chase refuses to rpt pymnt history.

I paid my mortgage --- prior to, during, and after bankruptcy.  Chase refuses to report any payments and list the mortgage as discharged --- when, in fact, it was not.  They claim that because I did not "reaffirm the debt" (I don't remember seeing the paperwork to do so) they can't file the history.  I have 5 years of on-time history with them and for them to indicate that it was included in the bankruptcy with no payments robs me of 5 years of payment history.

Even if I supply documentation, most lenders are going strictly off of FICO and are not considering the additional information. 

Help?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Throughout BK mortgage paid - Chase refuses to rpt pymnt history.

frfiv40 wrote:
I paid my mortgage --- prior to, during, and after bankruptcy.  Chase refuses to report any payments and list the mortgage as discharged --- when, in fact, it was not.  They claim that because I did not "reaffirm the debt" (I don't remember seeing the paperwork to do so) they can't file the history.  I have 5 years of on-time history with them and for them to indicate that it was included in the bankruptcy with no payments robs me of 5 years of payment history.

Even if I supply documentation, most lenders are going strictly off of FICO and are not considering the additional information. 

Help?

I would see about refi'ing the balance of the mortgage.  Not that they would want but they may be able to take your house if it is lilsted as discharged under bsaaknruptcy.  Get back in touch with the lawyer that did your BK.  Either that or you don't owe them another dime and they can't touch the house.  I would check out how long after the BK is 'discharged' to see how long they have to take action as far as reclaiming the property. 

If that time period has passed and they refuse to reaffirm thedebt you just got a house scott-free.

But of course talk to a lawyer FIRST.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.