Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Managemnet LP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Management LP

It definitely can't hurt. Worse they can do is deny you. Good luck with it.
Message 11 of 21
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Re: Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Managemnet LP

Credit Mgmt is relentless...I have paid and disputed them for over 2 years and they refuse to delete. I have two years and then they will fall off...I've given up! Best wishes

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 12 of 21
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Re: Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Managment LP

I been hearing just that, so I'm going to Time Warner directly to seek assistance. Who was your original creditor?

Message Edited by igdycsmG6 on 01-15-2008 04:01 PM

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 21
PayYouNever
Frequent Contributor

Re: Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Managment LP

I have an Adelphia issue with CMI. I just sent them a DV letter, next is an MOV, then an ITS. As I have paid the bill from 2004, but I'm wondering if I should call up Adelphia and talk with a manager.

I've heard the CMI and Progressive are stubborn SOBs, but I'm going to send them an ITS, and then file in small claims court against them. As soon as I send out the next the MOV letter, I'm sending an ITS letter a week later.
Message 14 of 21
coco08

I'm in a similar situation so I'd love to hear what happened after you sent the DV.  I wonder if the fact that it's from 2003 or so will make it more difficult to verify?

Message 15 of 21
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

Payyounever, After your DV are you sending the MOV to the creditor or CA?

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a collection account that was paid in full to CMI and I want it off my credit. Today I spoke to Time Warner and they had nothing on file they could find. I called CMI thanks to the above contact info and spoke to a supervisor she informed me that the only way to get my paid collection off of my report is to have TW tell them to. They also gave me all the account numbers I needed that TW didn't have. I'm waiting for someone at TW to call me back, but I'm really hoping that I can get this paid collection off. UGH- So much madness for only $155 eh?
Message 17 of 21
bonddiva07
Valued Member

I have had success with CMI.  I paid off CMI in Oct 06, and then sent my first GW to them in Aug 07.  This was before I knew about PFD so I was lucky with this one considering they removed it well after they got my money.  They sent me back a letter and agreed to remove the account from my reports.  It came off pretty quick too.  Here is the letter I sent them....try it, hopefully it will work.

August 14, 2007

CMI

4200 International Parkway

Carrollton, TX  75007

RE:       Reference Number-  xxxxxxx

Comcast Minneapolis- xxxxxxx

To Collection Department:

I am writing this letter to see whether CMI would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting bureaus on my Comcast Minneapolis account that was sent over to your office for collections.  I am asking if CMI would delete the collection account from my credit reports at all three credit bureaus. 

As of October 7, 2006, I paid my outstanding debt of $135.00 and the account is currently at 0.  In the past I suffered financial hardships due to job losses, family emergencies, and geographic relocations that caused me to fall behind on a few of my financial obligations.  This particular account occurred during a relocation and I was unaware the there was an outstanding balance until the notice reached my new address.

The customer service support I received from your company was stellar in terms of helping me work out a payment plan which I followed though on as you can verify through your payment records.  I understand that asking to have negative information removed from my credit reports is an unusual request, but I would greatly appreciate the goodwill adjustment as I am trying to rebuild my credit worthiness.

If what I am asking is too much to expect from your company any positive change to that you could authorize would make a huge difference to me.  I have also included a copy of my current credit report so that you can easily reference the current information being reported.  Thank you in advance for your consideration in this matter.  Again thank you for your support and understanding in the past months while dealing with my above mentioned account. 

Sincerely,

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time Warner Account being collected by Credit Managemnet LP

Good evening to all.  I am new to some of the terms bieng used within this discussion.  I have a situation in which CMI reported to all 3 CR's being late for $29.00 for Time Warner Cable.  Please bear with me as I provide some backgroung information. /// I was stationed in El Paso, TX living in a military home.  When I moved to San Antonio, TX, another person with my same last name moved into the home.  As a result of this, some of the mail being forwarded belonged to this other person and to me.  I once again moved from San Antonio, TX back to El Paso, TX in September 2002.  I continued to have bank statements from this other person forward from El paso to San Antonio to El Paso./// 
A final bill was sent by CMI but due to the constant forwarding nightmare this bill was sent to this other person.  It did not help when I would contact his wife who spoke little to no English (Korean), to inquire if any mail was missent to them.  It was fustrating to deal with the post office and the other parties.  Most of my bills I paid online but not the cable company. When I was able to finally get a bill from CMI it was reported to the credit bureau.  I paid it at the beginning of 2003 once I was able to get a bill.
How should I approach CMI to remove this entry from my CR?   I do not have any of the original bills or account numbers for Time Warner or CMI. This is a black eye on my CR.  I am attempting to get my CR clean.
I would appreciate any help to fix this.
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since it is paid, why not send a GW letter like Bondivva07 posted above you?

edit it to fit your situation of course.

Message Edited by stef37 on 02-18-2008 02:53 AM
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.