Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time of day for CRA's to change info?

tag
SanFranMatt
Frequent Contributor

Time of day for CRA's to change info?

Anybody know if there is a specific time of the day when CRA's change info, or if it happens throughout the day? For example, if you check at noon, can it be different at 2 O'clock, and different again at 7 O'clock? Or do they update once per day, at a specified time?

I don't need this info for anything specific, just curiosity Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Time of day for CRA's to change info?

they continue to update 24/7
Message 2 of 15
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Can I add to this question, Please???   I was wondering if CRAs update on weekends.  I have read that they report 24/7.......but, I have never received an alert on a weekend or a score change on a weekend.  I have the score products that allow me daily access to my FAKOs & Scorewatch....and I no longer pull my credit on weekends because its been a waste of time.....coincidence or truth....anyone know for sure?

takin' it one day at a time
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is completly unknown.

I have had stuff update in the middle of the night on any day of the week.

I think of it as a system that updates as the batch is processed.
Message 4 of 15
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

I have had Scorewatch for quite awhile now and I also receive alerts (via text message) in the middle of the night....usually between 2 & 3 a.m.  Can't say I have ever really had an alert during the day.  Never really thought much about the time of day...just the day itself.  BTW...I have been having lots of problems with the EQ Scorewatch website...so I just cancelled it and bought it through Suze!!  Hope it works better...anyone else havin' problems?  Just wondering.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can say that I get SW alerts at a min of every 2 weeks if I don't pull a report.

I have a lot of activity going on. 

The SW product is not perfect-   the good news is that is is the same type of product our creditors use for alerts.  
Message 6 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I recently had an account go into dispute (the lender did this, not me, go figure.) I saw it on my report on the evening of the 18th. Here are how the alerts came in:

12/20 @ 1:44 a.m. from EQ Credit Watch Gold

12/21 @ 4:06 p.m. from myFICO Scorewatch (showed dispute status and score jump)

12/21 @ 4:19 p.m. from TrueCredit

I get Scorewatch alerts at all hours, but I need to check my old SW's and TC's to see if changes post on the weekend.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 15
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Were these email or text alerts?  I get both, and they usually are minutes apart.....looking back in my phone & email history, I have only gotten alerts in the wee hours of the a.m.....weird! 

I am in the process of working with Scorewatch CS (from the EQ website)because I have not had an alert in 9 weeks.....I also used to get them at least 2-3 times a month.....So, I have paid for 3 credit scores in the last 9  weeks and 2 of them contained info that should have set off an alert....both being score band changes. (scores went up 98 pts, yea!!!)  I have cancelled my order and want refunds for the scores I had to pull...knowing that I had to have changes in my credit I paid to see them.... (just paid util down from 98% to 27% over the last 8 weeks!!)....They are supposed to refund my $ for the last 2 months...and also check their system, because they have acknowledged an error on their part..we'll see if this happens!

I purchased Suze's Scorewatch, on the 16th, and have had no alerts?!  Will wait till the end of the week to see if there is a problem here also. (must be me) I kinda miss that feeling you get when you receive an alert knowing it is GOOD news!Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@sunrise wrote:
Were these email or text alerts? I get both, and they usually are minutes apart.....looking back in my phone & email history, I have only gotten alerts in the wee hours of the a.m.....weird!
I am in the process of working with Scorewatch CS (from the EQ website)because I have not had an alert in 9 weeks.....I also used to get them at least 2-3 times a month.....So, I have paid for 3 credit scores in the last 9 weeks and 2 of them contained info that should have set off an alert....both being score band changes. (scores went up 98 pts, yea!!!) I have cancelled my order and want refunds for the scores I had to pull...knowing that I had to have changes in my credit I paid to see them.... (just paid util down from 98% to 27% over the last 8 weeks!!)....They are supposed to refund my $ for the last 2 months...and also check their system, because they have acknowledged an error on their part..we'll see if this happens!
I purchased Suze's Scorewatch, on the 16th, and have had no alerts?! Will wait till the end of the week to see if there is a problem here also. (must be me) I kinda miss that feeling you get when you receive an alert knowing it is GOOD news!Smiley Wink

Mine were both text alerts (except TC) and e-mails. The times I posted were email times. I think the texts came at about the same time.

Suze doesn't do score alerts. It's a one-time pull of your scores plus coaching.

I don't have the EQ Scorewatch; just the credit gold monitoring. So my notice from them was about the change in dispute status, as was the TC alert. The FICO alert was for score and status.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 15
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

I bought scorewatch from myfico (Suze?)  It had alert preferences.  Maybe I'm not calling it the right thing?  Gonna go check on it......be back in a bit!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.