Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeshare mortgage is killing me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timeshare mortgage is killing me

This may turn into a rant, but I hope not.  I have been really focused on my credit the last couple of months, I never thought I could get it right.  After joining MyFico, I saw that my equifax was at 528.....  I kind of expected that, but seeing the numbers hit home.  I started paying off everything that I could and got Equifax up to a 614 within 5 months.  Onto my nemesis, Kings Creek Plantation.  My wife and I owe $9,300 to them, never a late payment, but when you look at my report it's never been reported as on time. (in the process of dispute)  We called them a few months ago and were told it would be fixed and have emails of everything, but just last month the principle showed $200 more than what it was supposed to and caused a drop of 30 points to my score!  I immediately called and their system showed nothing, then a few weeks later my score went up 17 points as the account balance was shown lower.  Equifax states I have just a few more days left on the dispute and the folks at Kings Creek say they'll let it go through.  I have no idea what my point was with all this, but my best guess is if I had paid attention to my credit years ago I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in now and that your credit can get better with persistence.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Timeshare mortgage is killing me

@Anonymous wrote:

This may turn into a rant, but I hope not.  I have been really focused on my credit the last couple of months, I never thought I could get it right.  After joining MyFico, I saw that my equifax was at 528.....  I kind of expected that, but seeing the numbers hit home.  I started paying off everything that I could and got Equifax up to a 614 within 5 months.  Onto my nemesis, Kings Creek Plantation.  My wife and I owe $9,300 to them, never a late payment, but when you look at my report it's never been reported as on time. (in the process of dispute)  We called them a few months ago and were told it would be fixed and have emails of everything, but just last month the principle showed $200 more than what it was supposed to and caused a drop of 30 points to my score!  I immediately called and their system showed nothing, then a few weeks later my score went up 17 points as the account balance was shown lower.  Equifax states I have just a few more days left on the dispute and the folks at Kings Creek say they'll let it go through.  I have no idea what my point was with all this, but my best guess is if I had paid attention to my credit years ago I wouldn't be in the mess I'm in now and that your credit can get better with persistence.

Story of the last 3 years of my life Smiley Happy.

        
Message 2 of 3
Goblin
Regular Contributor

Re: Timeshare mortgage is killing me

It sounds like your timeshare company is a hassle to deal with.  What is your current interest rate with them? You may want to consider re-financing  or transferring that mortgage balance to a low interest credit card, if you have one.

Starting Score: Ex: 495 Eq: 492 Tu: 497
Current Score: Ex: 708 Eq: 716 Tu: 710

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.