Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To DV or not to DV

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To DV or not to DV

Hello,

I'm extremly new to this and was hoping someone could help me out. I have two dings on my credit report that I would like to send a DV to and need some advice on whether or not I should bother.

The first is from NCO Financial (remarked as "placed for collection) for an orthodontist bill that has to be over ten yrs old but it's listed on the credit report as being opened on 1/31/02, and to be removed on 7/08. I'd like to have it removed ASAP but should I even bother with a DV if it's to be removed 7/08? I'm also concerned it was re-aged since this work was done over ten yrs ago.

The second is an old student loan, again well over 6 or 7 yrs old.
I have a report from TU from 06 that it's not even listed on

An EX report from this week that it is on and says
 ACS/BRAZO/BANKONE TRUSTEE, Status = closed collection account. Date opened 3/99 and going into 120 days late on 6/02. I don't believe i made a payment on this since 00.

The third report is a combined report from truecredit and on here it's listed twice.

Once as AFSA/BRAZO  reported to
EQ as condition = open (paid).

And then it's listed again as BRAZOS reported by
EX condition = Closed(paid), Pay Status = Collection/Chargeoff AND
EQ, Condition = Derogatory, Pay Status = Late 120 days.
All have the same account number and balance

Should I even bother with a DV? because I can't remember the last time I was contacted about either of them or if I was ever contacted.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To DV or not to DV

state SOL

CRTP  doesn't change   drop off CR 7 -7.5 years

Have you disputed with CRA ???  I would do that and see if CA drops If they do not DV them
Message 2 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

hockeycq wrote:
Hello,

I'm extremly new to this and was hoping someone could help me out. I have two dings on my credit report that I would like to send a DV to and need some advice on whether or not I should bother.

The first is from NCO Financial (remarked as "placed for collection) for an orthodontist bill that has to be over ten yrs old but it's listed on the credit report as being opened on 1/31/02, and to be removed on 7/08. I'd like to have it removed ASAP but should I even bother with a DV if it's to be removed 7/08? I'm also concerned it was re-aged since this work was done over ten yrs ago.

The second is an old student loan, again well over 6 or 7 yrs old.
I have a report from TU from 06 that it's not even listed on

An EX report from this week that it is on and says
 ACS/BRAZO/BANKONE TRUSTEE, Status = closed collection account. Date opened 3/99 and going into 120 days late on 6/02. I don't believe i made a payment on this since 00.

The third report is a combined report from truecredit and on here it's listed twice.

Once as AFSA/BRAZO  reported to
EQ as condition = open (paid).

And then it's listed again as BRAZOS reported by
EX condition = Closed(paid), Pay Status = Collection/Chargeoff AND
EQ, Condition = Derogatory, Pay Status = Late 120 days.
All have the same account number and balance

Should I even bother with a DV? because I can't remember the last time I was contacted about either of them or if I was ever contacted.

Were you made aware of this debt within the last 30 days? I assume this debt is yours?

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-10-2007 01:33 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fused111,

Yes the debt is mine and no I have not been contacted in the last 30 days about it. To be honest these are so old I don't remember the last time I was contacted about them.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.