Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To consolidate or not?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

To consolidate or not?

I have quite a large amount of credit card debt. Bank Of America has offered me a loan to consolidate these debts into one lower monthly payment, though I do not know how much they are willing to lend me yet and at what rate because I am reluctant to have them do an inquiry. I have just had one inquiry come off my credit report after the mandatory 2 years and that felt good. I was wondering how another inquiry will affect my credit score, 674(EQ), 719(EX). I have alot of revolving credit (which is always paid on time) and I realise that I will be wiping out one debt only to take on another, but how will THAT affect my score?
Any words of wisdom will be appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: To consolidate or not?

I just got a loan to consolidate my credit cards (about $5k) through a local credit union.  They are giving me 13% which is less than I'm paying on my credit cards plus my util on my revolving credit will drop to 0% so it seems like a win win.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.