cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To date, I have written a PFD letter, two GW letters, and...

tag
sl
Established Contributor

To date, I have written a PFD letter, two GW letters, and...

To date, I have written a PFD letter, two GW letters, and battled with AMEX on my DMP. So far, I got the PFD deleted and acknowledgement from BOA they will remove the 30 day lates. Outstanding is one GW from Chase and the battle with AMEX. I am giving AMEX until the end of June then I will visit an attorney and explore my options. This forms Rocks. Thanks for all your help. Also, if I don't get a response to my GW from Chase, I will send another in about three months. When I get AMEX settled, it will cocktail time.
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: To date, I have written a PFD letter, two GW letters, and...

Sounds like progress to me. Well done
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Good Job!
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

on your pfd did you pay part or full?  I am thinking about doing one and want to pay in full but I want something in return.
dP
Message 4 of 19
sl
Established Contributor

I paid the full amount as It was $166 and I could afford it.

In the GW letters I spoke from my heart and took full responsibility for my financial matters. I also charted out where I was when I was delequient and where I am now. Debt dropped by over $30k and I have not been late since May 2003. I think what helped was me admitting I created my mess and I am cleaning it up. I used an outline of letters I found on this board.

Now if Only AMEX would cooperate.
Message 5 of 19
fused
Moderator Emeritus

sl wrote:
I paid the full amount as It was $166 and I could afford it.

In the GW letters I spoke from my heart and took full responsibility for my financial matters. I also charted out where I was when I was delequient and where I am now. Debt dropped by over $30k and I have not been late since May 2003. I think what helped was me admitting I created my mess and I am cleaning it up. I used an outline of letters I found on this board.

Now if Only AMEX would cooperate.

Just keep the faith.  Amex can be a demon.  GL and please let us know what happens
Message 6 of 19
sl
Established Contributor

Thanks. I have a lot to gain and nothing to lose. I will keep everyone posted and list the person at AMEX who helped me if she follows through like she is suppose to.
Message 7 of 19
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!
Message 8 of 19
sl
Established Contributor

Update, I heard from Chase today...standard letter they will not give me any GW.  I will call this evening and see if humbling myself on the phone does any good.

Still no word on AMEX.
Message 9 of 19
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sl wrote:
Update, I heard from Chase today...standard letter they will not give me any GW.  I will call this evening and see if humbling myself on the phone does any good.

Still no word on AMEX.

Keep your head up and be persistent.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.