cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To dispute inq that's 20 monthd old, or not ?

tag
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

To dispute inq that's 20 monthd old, or not ?

Never recall doing the app, but its still on EQ, disputed on TU and it was removed.  

I know its not probably having much, if any, impact, but still would like to see it gone.

Kinda of a "newbie" here, but have read right at 2, 000 post. 

Just looked at reports for the 1st time in 5-6 yrs, maybe longer. This is the only inq on any reports. 

Dispute...or not..?

FICO :November 2016
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: To dispute inq that's 20 monthd old, or not ?

@cuthatcard wrote:

Never recall doing the app, but its still on EQ, disputed on TU and it was removed.  

I know its not probably having much, if any, impact, but still would like to see it gone.

Just looked at reports for the 1st time in 5-6 yrs, maybe longer. This is the only inq on any reports. 

Dispute...or not..?

I say don't dispute it.

• It stops affecting your score after 12 months
  • It falls off your credit report after 24 months
  • One inq is not hurting your score in any way
Message 2 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

+1 A single inquiry typically has little impact.  If you think one inquiry is an issue then you have bigger problems with your credit profile that you need to address.  If you're going to fret over stuff, start with the bigger slices:

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

@cuthatcard wrote:

Just looked at reports for the 1st time in 5-6 yrs, maybe longer.

Definitely get on a schedule of reviewing your reports much more often.  At the very least make use of the AnnualCreditReport site each year.

Message 3 of 8
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

The INQ doesn't matter if you were the one who is responsible for the INQ.  INQ may not be from just a CC app.  For example, hooking up utilities, new phone or renting an apartment.  Collection agents sometimes HP people to put more pressure on them.  Or it could have been from a CLI request from one of your current lenders.

My question is who did the App. If it was someone else using your SSN, then you should probably freeze or put a fraud warning on your CR's.  If someone else used your SSN for something like renting an apartment, it could be waiting time bomb.

Most likely it was something you requested, just didn't realize it would be a HP.  Nothing to worry about.  It will be off your credit reports in a couple of months and is not hurting any of your FICO scores.

Message 4 of 8
Broke_Triathlete
Valued Contributor

@StartingOver10 wrote:

@cuthatcard wrote:

Dispute...or not..?

I say don't dispute it.

• It stops affecting your score after 12 months
  • It falls off your credit report after 24 months
  • One inq is not hurting your score in any way

I agree with this 100%. You only have 4 more months and disputing inq's can start a crap storm

Personal:

Business:

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@takeshi74 wrote:

+1 A single inquiry typically has little impact.  If you think one inquiry is an issue then you have bigger problems with your credit profile that you need to address.

The OP didn't say it was an issue just that he'd like to see it gone.  He even referenced the fact that he knows it probably his little to no impact.  I don't see the need for posts that come off abrasive like this, especially toward a self proclaimed "newbie" to the forum.

I've got a 30-day late payment from 4 years ago on my report.  At this point it has zero impact on my scores, but will remain there for another 3 years.  While it's not and "issue" at this point, would I like to see it gone?  Certainly.

Message 6 of 8
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

Right !
I didn't say it was an "issue ", just ask a question about what do , if anything, from "experienced FICO 'ers" !

It is 1, of 3, I'm working on, paid medical and paid judgement. ..20 + years of Credit history on my report, 3 closed TL's, 1 open, 2 paid installment loans.

Thanks, to those, who offered words of advice, ... (and encouragement ) , and...I'm following advice here, by looking at my total profile for better results !!
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
QS1 -$2,000. Care Credit $9,600.00 CHASE Freedom $3,000.00 Discover IT $1,000.00
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 7 of 8
cuthatcard
Frequent Contributor

BTW...thanks for the "warm welcome " !
TU-761 EQ 756. EX - 749
No Baddies
Inq TU 4 EQ 3 EX 2
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.