Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too good to be true? Disputed and now no baddies TU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Too good to be true? Disputed and now no baddies TU

So my husband has been disputing three CAs , he started disputing 2/20. Today he checked his credit Karma and it shows on TU “ no derogatory info/ no collections “. On Equifax it shows just one CA. So far no myFICO alerts. Should we assume this is correct or not? I’ve read that while accounts are in dispute they may not show on a report or be calculated in the score. Are they not showing on TU due to the dispute ? Or would they still show up but have the comments “ consumer disputes”?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Too good to be true? Disputed and now no baddies TU

Conclusion of a dispute requires sending by the CRA of the Notice of Results of REinvestigation, which is the formal document that concludes a dispute and provides the results to the consumer.

If anything is deleted, the Notice must be accompanied by a revised credit report showing that the CRA has made the deletion.

I would wait for receipt of the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation for the formal results.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too good to be true? Disputed and now no baddies TU

Often times, accounts under dispute are not factored into scoring since they are sort of in limbo. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.