cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too many accounts with balances. New discussion.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Too many accounts with balances. New discussion.

right,
installments do not count towards utilization, but they do count as accounts with balances, and if you have too many, it hurts your score--I'm positive of this now
my ex and eq profiles are virtually identical--except for ex shows 6 accounts with balances and eq shows 4 accounts with balances.

6 accounts with balances on ex = 704
4 accounts with balances on eq = 726

I'm telling you, it means something. Keep 4 or less and your score goes up.
Message 51 of 53
fused
Moderator Emeritus

rifleman wrote:
right,
installments do not count towards utilization, but they do count as accounts with balances, and if you have too many, it hurts your score--I'm positive of this now
my ex and eq profiles are virtually identical--except for ex shows 6 accounts with balances and eq shows 4 accounts with balances.

6 accounts with balances on ex = 704
4 accounts with balances on eq = 726

I'm telling you, it means something. Keep 4 or less and your score goes up.

Installment util% calculations do exist but they carry less weight than revolving utl% calculations. Your difference in scores might simply be the difference between the three scoring models. FICO EQ, EX and TU while all FICO are still different scoring models. Also, you, pizza and I all might be swimming in different "pools, scorecards or buckets."
Message 52 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

"SWIMMING IN DIFFERENT POOLS, SCORECARDS BUCKETS"

I don't really understand this. Is it you are put into pools with people with similar credit profiles? when do you jump out of one pond and into another?
Message 53 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.