Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Too much at once?

tag
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Too much at once?

Is it possible to do too much at once? I've been a fool the past few years and just thought I'd wait out the seven years. After spending hours on these forums today and learning of all the successes, I've decided to fight and have already found a lot of erroneous baddies on my CR.

I'd like to print off about 12 DVs and certify mail them, but was wondering if I should just do a few at a time or all of them at once?
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Too much at once?

That depends on you and how much of a load you think that you can handle and keep under control. Did you do as Timothy advised and make a spreadsheet? Make sure you are very detailed/organized in your approach and you should be ok. Hang in there. I just read your other thread. You will be alright.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 7
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I just spent about three hours creating a spreadsheet. Excellent idea! Now I can see all of the important info I need in one screen view so no more clicking over and over to find what I need. Smiley Happy

If I fax a lot of delete requests to the CRAs within the same day or two would they frown upon that or should I space them out more?

Also, I have an account from an old water bill for $72 that's in collections, but there is no mention of the CA on all three of my CRs. Is this something that would definately be deleted from the CRAs?

Message Edited by iltph on 03-05-2008 01:20 AM

Message 3 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@iltph wrote:
Yes, I just spent about three hours creating a spreadsheet. Excellent idea! Now I can see all of the important info I need in one screen view so no more clicking over and over to find what I need. Smiley Happy

If I fax a lot of delete requests to the CRAs within the same day or two would they frown upon that or should I space them out more?

Also, I have an account from an old water bill for $72 that's in collections, but there is no mention of the CA on all three of my CRs. Is this something that would definately be deleted from the CRAs?

Message Edited by iltph on 03-05-2008 01:20 AM

I would just include what I am disputing in one dispute letter. If the CAs can't validate, then you could send your copies of DV, CM receipt and GC to CRAs.

As I think about this, I wouldn't want to send the CRAs too much at one time, as they are already bullheaded, and would probably see this as an attempt to just "clean" the report of unwanted baddies. Maybe four or five at a time at most.

Let's also see what others think.

Message 4 of 7
iltph
Frequent Contributor

I'm a n00b so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reason for sending a DV was to be able to have something to send to the CRAs if they CA doesn't respond or doesn't have enough info to validated the debt? Shouldn't I send all that info to the CRA after 35 days if they don't respond to prove to them that it should be removed? (rather than just hope that they will remove it in one sentence)

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

the purpose of a DV is to have the CA "prove"
that the debt is yours
that the amount is correct
that they have a right to actually collect this money from you

If they can't do the above then they truly can't validate; and yes, it should be removed from the CRAs.

It does happen that they either won't or can't validate and remove it;  they can also ignore your request and you have to fight to get it removed. It is NOT to make it 'go away' if it is your debt.. Validation is a legal right you have.

I personally think disputing with the CRAs opens a can of worms - there is code that allows the CA to request any relevant documentation from you if you dispute it with the CRAs.  If you ask for VALIDATION the onus is on them entirely and they must report it to the CRAs as 'disputed' within 5 days.

Even with the spreadsheet - tring to keep track of responses from a CA and status across 3 bureaus is a huge task - MAKE A PLAN - my suggestion would be to work 3-4 TLs per month with a 3 month 'plan'.

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 03-05-2008 12:54 PM
Message 6 of 7
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@iltph wrote:
I'm a n00b so forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought the reason for sending a DV was to be able to have something to send to the CRAs if they CA doesn't respond or doesn't have enough info to validated the debt? Shouldn't I send all that info to the CRA after 35 days if they don't respond to prove to them that it should be removed? (rather than just hope that they will remove it in one sentence)

You're right. When you send the dispute letter, you say what you want in the letter, then list all of the accounts in dispute in another section of the letter. I was saying that it might be better to work on it in blocks as opposed to 12 at once. CRAs don't do their job as it is. It will look like you are just trying to clean your credit report of unwanted stuff, even though on the other side, you are DVing and doing real work. The CRAs are just going to reduce you to a two-digit code.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.