Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total Recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Total Recovery

I just got off of the phone with "Linda" (yeah sure) from Total Recovery.

I owe Plains Commerce $114 on an old debt I was paying off til I came here and found out about PFD Letters. They did not buy the debt, but are contracted to collect the debt for PC Bank. It is against the agreement they have with Plains Commerce Bank to negotiate for PFDs. OK, figured it might be.

That is why I sent the letter to Plains COmmerce Bank. Who forwarded it on to Total Recovery, without attempting to take any action on it.

So, any ideas who I should send my little bit syrupy, little bit threatening (Possible BK) letter to? Or should I try to contact PC Bank by phone.

Losing faith in PFD letters, thinkin they might be like the tooth fairy........
Dave
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Total Recovery

Dave -
I think there are two major factors to successful PFD:
1. Be really close to , or beyond the SOL.
2. Make it absolutely clear that you will NOT pay unless you get the PFD. Easier to do when SOL has expired, or is about to. You have to as aggressive about getting your PFD as they are about getting that money outta your hands!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Total Recovery

This account is hovering near my SOL, only 3 years. But it is only 114 bucks. I guess I will try one more PFD to someone higher up at Plains Commerce Bank, then just pay it to get it over with, much as I hate to.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.