Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Totally confused.. Awghhhhhh...

On my collection account:

Elitrecsvc (Elite Recovery Services)
DOLA: 11/2005
Credi Type: Open Account
$1197.00

I read the boards, but I am so confused!

Is there a post that outlines in one place the general steps (in order) to be taken?  What to do first, DV or dispute first with CA?

I know this will get better, but this is worse to me than going through my divorce, which by the way started all this mess.

Thanks guys.....   really!

Sustaining Change takes Support and Reinforcement !

FICOS 02/03/2013, TU -798, EQ - 805 ( Last known EX -812)
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Totally confused.. Awghhhhhh...

Jayleesmimi wrote:
On my collection account:

Elitrecsvc (Elite Recovery Services)
DOLA: 11/2005
Credi Type: Open Account
$1197.00

I read the boards, but I am so confused!

Is there a post that outlines in one place the general steps (in order) to be taken?  What to do first, DV or dispute first with CA?

I know this will get better, but this is worse to me than going through my divorce, which by the way started all this mess.

Thanks guys.....   really!

Is this debt yours?
Message 2 of 9
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, yes.

Message 3 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Jayleesmimi wrote:
Unfortunately, yes.

Since this debt is yours, I would not pay it unless the CA agrees to a PFD on their letterhead. I would not DV the CA and I would not dispute it with the CRAs as not mine. The thread below should help you.

Message 4 of 9
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

Thanks again.

Message 5 of 9
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

umm. one more question.....

I guess you would have to offer the % as in the letter on the whole CO amount, even if it includes tacked on interest?  I don't know that it does, but if it did.  Would you add something in there that you were giving a % on the original amount owed (not with interest added on top)  And if so, I don't know how I could find that out anyway.  Guess I have too many things going through my head.

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Jayleesmimi wrote:
umm. one more question.....

I guess you would have to offer the % as in the letter on the whole CO amount, even if it includes tacked on interest?  I don't know that it does, but if it did.  Would you add something in there that you were giving a % on the original amount owed (not with interest added on top)  And if so, I don't know how I could find that out anyway.  Guess I have too many things going through my head.

Thanks again.

The % of the total balance you offer to pay in your PFD is up to you. I would offer 40% and see where it goes. If they demand 100% of the balance be paid and they agree to delete, don't be a fool, take it! The goal here is deletion.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jayleesmimi, even if you can't get it deleted, don't lose heart. How many revolving charge accounts (i.e., credit cards) do you have now?
Message 8 of 9
Jayleesmimi
Regular Contributor

I have no revolving credit cards open at the moment.  I used to have 3 or 4, but after a divorce, I no longer have them.   I do had a Wells fargo Visa.

When I do a PFD, do you use a confirm delivery or return receipt requested when you mail it? What is normally done?

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.