Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tradeline Deletion Time until Score Change

tag
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Tradeline Deletion Time until Score Change

Had a tradeline just get deleted about 48 hrs ago. Pulled my report and saw it was deleted. How long will it take Myfico to update my score?? Is this automatic or....

I want to know because I was waiting for this last tradeline to delete so I can apply for a mortgage! Any answers would be great appreciated!

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: Tradeline Deletion Time until Score Change

Your FICO score generated without that tradeline in the report is updated. Think of it as a photograph. You do not have a record (FICO score) of the scene until you snap the picture. If the scene changes (accounts removed / added / balance updates etc.) then the new picture will be different from the old. A FICO score is an instant moment of what's there at that time. If something changes in the next hour or day the FICO score pulled would be different. 

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
rightcoast
Frequent Contributor

Re: Tradeline Deletion Time until Score Change

Perfect answer and explanation! Thanks so much

Starting Score: 530 (EQ) 03-2012
Current Score: 678 (TU) myFico 04-2013, 649 (EQ myFico
Goal Score: 720+

Wallet: Wells Fargo Secured- 400 CL, Capital One Secured- 250 CL, Credit One Unsecured- 300 CL
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.