cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Deleted disputes why not other two?

tag
Tuxtepec3441j

Trans Deleted disputes why not other two?

Hi somebody please help me if they can....I disputed some baddies on my 3 credit reports, and experian and equifax "verified" them ( 5) and updated my disputes, Transunion deleted all but 1, how can that be that TU deleted those  but not the other two bureaus? How do I go about getting EQ and EX do delete them too? Thanks in advance to all that can help.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Trans Deleted disputes why not other two?

It is possible that the furnisher of the disputed information only chose to verify with one CRA, and not the others.

One CRA is not required to delete based on consisitency with the reporting or deletion of other CRAs.

However, you may still have basis for getting the disputed information deleted from all CRAs.

The FCRA requires any furnisher who has been forwarded a dispute by one CRA to investigate the accuracy of the disputed information, and report the result back to that CRA.  However, if their investigation finds the information to be inaccurate, they are also required to report that result to any CRA to which they have additionally reported the disputed information. 

Thus, the key is what was their actual determination on the dispute.  If they corrected or deleted with one CRA based on their determination that it was inaccurate, then you can contact them and insist they report that determination to all CRAs.

However, if they were able to verify, but simply sent that verification to only one CRA, and chose to voluntarily delete with the other CRAs, you have no deletion with those CRAs that was based on actual determiantion of inaccuraccy.  By thier deletiion with a CRA, and issue of dispute becomes moot, as there is no longer any issue of its accuracy.  Quite different than a positive determiantion that it requires correction or deletion.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.