Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Risk score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trans Risk score?

Can someone tell me what this is?  I have a juniper account and you get a free credit score as long as you have a balance >0.  It tells me my Trans Risk score is 448.  Not sure what this score is.  My transunion credit score is 668.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trans Risk score?

It's a FAKO based on TU.

Have you read the Credit Scoring 101 thread?  (The link is in my siggy.)  The difference between FICO and FAKO is explained in the first post in that thread.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

treyday, I get the TrashRisk score too. When I first saw it, I was horrified, and pulled my FICO scores from right here. My FICO TU score was about 125 points higher than the TrashRisk score on the Juniper account page.

Just disregard. I'd never even heard of Trans Risk score until getting the Juny card. It's just another useless FAKO score.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:
 When I first saw it, I was horrified, and pulled my FICO scores from right here. My FICO TU score was about 125 points higher than the TrashRisk score on the Juniper account page.

That is good to know. My "Trans Risk Score" is 651. Add 125 to that. LOL..........
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
 When I first saw it, I was horrified, and pulled my FICO scores from right here. My FICO TU score was about 125 points higher than the TrashRisk score on the Juniper account page.

That is good to know. My "Trans Risk Score" is 651. Add 125 to that. LOL..........

LOL... mine is exactly that. My FAKO TU score is exactly 125 more than TransRisk.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yah, this score is basically worthless...Mine shows 572 but my TU fico is 710.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did not think mine was going to update- it gets funnier every month

To improve your score the following areas should be addressed:
1. Too many accounts with a balance (Reason 50)
2. No Adverse Factor (Reason 00)
3. Revolving department store and clothing account balances are too high in proportion to credit limits (Reason 33)
4. Length of time oldest bank revolving account has been established is too short (Reason 17)

No #2? come on TU-

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes your transrisk score  actually means the level of credit risk u are.

the lower that number is the less risk u really are. if its high then you are a high risk

for example my score is a 691   and my transrisk score is a 422   now when u dont make payments and are late with payments yor trans risk numbers will go up.

Message 8 of 11
john398
Senior Contributor

creditkarma gives this worthless score away too

Message 9 of 11
GregB
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes your transrisk score  actually means the level of credit risk u are.

the lower that number is the less risk u really are. if its high then you are a high risk

for example my score is a 691   and my transrisk score is a 422   now when u dont make payments and are late with payments yor trans risk numbers will go up.

This is completely incorrect. Transrisk is higher score = less risk just like all "risk" scores. There are a tiny number of scores that work the other way but they aren't any of the 100+ normal risk scores.

TU Transrisk Score is just another FAKO designed to give people some idea of their credit risk. I think it is completely useless. My TU Transrisk is 787, which is almost 50 points higher than my TU FICO 98. It also varies with tiny changes, while my TU FICO remains much more stable, almost immobile.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.