Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Union dispute

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trans Union dispute

I did a dispute on trans Union report for a 30 and 60 day late saying I moved and I never got the statment so that's why I missed the payments
Anyone knows if it works?
Did it on 9/31 still didn't get a respond how long does it take ?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Trans Union dispute

@Anonymous wrote:
I did a dispute on trans Union report for a 30 and 60 day late saying I moved and I never got the statment so that's why I missed the payments
Anyone knows if it works?
Did it on 9/31 still didn't get a respond how long does it take ?

No, that's not a valid reason.

It usually take around 30 days, but they send it to you via snail mail so give it about an additional week for the mail to arrive.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry but I don't think they will accept that reason for the dispute. It's still your responsibility to make sure you keep up with the bills. However, it's certainly worth a shot to dispute it. I was successfully challenged Porfolio for 2 adverse items in my credit report and its been removed. Whatever that you have negatives on your report just dispute all of it. Sometimes, if they can't provide the account numbers or proof of it. Or it's purchases by another company and they have no documents they will remove it for you. Good luck!!!
Message 3 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The CRA is required to forward a copy of the dispute to the creditor, and the creditor must respond back to the CRA.

If the creditor has already declined to remove the late, they will almost asurerdly verify back to the CRA.

The CRA will almost always rubber stamp if a verification of accuracy is received from the creditor.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay got it removed
But why did I get only 5 points jump only on score ?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why did score not jump allot ?
Message 7 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm sorry but I don't think they will accept that reason for the dispute. It's still your responsibility to make sure you keep up with the bills. However, it's certainly worth a shot to dispute it. I was successfully challenged Porfolio for 2 adverse items in my credit report and its been removed. Whatever that you have negatives on your report just dispute all of it. Sometimes, if they can't provide the account numbers or proof of it. Or it's purchases by another company and they have no documents they will remove it for you. Good luck!!!

You should only dispute those things you honestly feel are inaccurate. A reminder from the forum's User Guidelines:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/myFICO-Forums-User-Guidelines/td-p/5

Credit Repair

myFICO Forums is intended to provide helpful and useful tips for managing credit and understanding FICO scoring. This is not the place to exchange ‘credit repair’ advice that encourages consumers to provide untrue or misleading information to a credit bureau or lender for the purpose of raising FICO scores or otherwise improving credit ratings, credit histories or credit records. Such material may be edited or removed, and egregious or repeat offenders will be banned from future participation in myFICO Forums.

From the Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/FICO-FORUMS-CREDIT-REPAIR-DISCUSSION-GUIDELINES/m-p/7261

The only credit repair discussions allowed in FICO Forums are ones that exchange information on how to correct or remove real errors from your credit report – not accurate information that you want to get rid of because it may be negatively affecting your credit score.

Message 8 of 9
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

You don't need to bump your thread multiple times in one day.  Give people time to respond.  We have no idea why your score changed the way it did.  Which are you referring to?  How old were these derogs?  You need to give us the details if you want feedback.  We don't know what was on your report.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.