Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trans Union is driving me Insane

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trans Union is driving me Insane

Can someone please help me understand this. Since coming to these forums about a year ago, I went from having a scores in about the 550 range. I have done everything I possibly can to improve them. With the help from others here I now have an EX Score of 701 (Just bought a care an got real Fico) EQ of 724.. My problem is with TU are driving me crazy with my score. It is only 665 (it did go up 10 points from about a week ago).

On my TU I have no baddies excellent utilization out of 19,000 in available credit combined my usage is around 600 not too many IQ's 10 accounts in good standing 1 car installment and that is it.. Why is it that I can never get close to 700 with  them? What else can I do? I have tried long and hard and have done so with the other scores but TU hardly moves it. It will go up 10 point then for no reason drop 10 and stay there for months. I don’t understand this. Is this something normal that others go through with TU?

Thanks guys so much!!!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Trans Union is driving me Insane

First off, I will assume you got your TU score here.  What are the negatives listed in your CR that is hruting your score.  If you have muliple TL reporting a balance, try 1 and then none and see if that makes a difference.  What is your AAoA and the number of INQs.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did get my TU from here. I have no baddies on my report. I have my macy's with a balance of 448.00 and my car. My AAoA is 3 years 7 months and # of inq is 9. All the same with other CRA's and my scores there are signifigantly higher.

Last month I uses the fico stimulator to see what are my options and I paid macy's down from 900.00 to 448.00 and it ranged my score in the 700's still nothing. If anything it dropped 5 points. If paying off the 448.00 would help I would certainly do that, but i tried that with no luck. Also on the open accouts I do have, if i do use them in the month I PIF every month. For instance I have a JCP account with 2500.00 limit. I charged 58.00 this month got the bill 1 day later PIF. It is just so frustrating. I cant understand what is wrong:-(
Message 3 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

You have tried letting 0% report and there was no change?  Also even if you PIF, its the reporting of the balance that effects your FICO score so keep that in mind.  How many new accountys did you get this year. IMHO 9 INQs is high and the AAoA is low which could be a factor.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes no change. I just noticed on my TU report it is reporting 978.00 on my macy's while the other CRA's are reporting 448.00. How is that possible? if the others are reporting the correct amount? Yes 9 is high and the AAOA is low as well. I have obtained 5 new accounts within the year. We are tring to get a house and i want all scores to be in the 700's before I even attempt it. I will try again to bring down my Macy's balance to see if that helpsSmiley Sad
Message 5 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If your Macy's just updated, it's very possible that TransUnion hasn't put down its coffee and newspaper and shuffled over to enter the update.

Most of us here have found that EX updates the day or following day that a new balance is reported, EQ is maybe 4-5 days later, and TU is another couple of days after that. Sometimes EQ and TU flip-flop, but they're pretty consistently slow to update.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta Love TU! Ugg they are so slow about everything. I had 2 baddies a while ago on all three reports from years ago, EX and EQ deleted them and TU kept it on for like 6 months. I kept disputing it and finally they removed but they are impossible..

Thanks guys!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.