cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TransUnion refused to investigate my dispute. Is that legal?

tag
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

TransUnion refused to investigate my dispute. Is that legal?

I recently had some lates from Capital One removed from my report via dispute. Lo and behold, a month later they reappear. I redisputed them and got a letter from TransUnion calling my dispute frivolous, and that the previous investigation satisfied the FCRA. I was unsure what to do about that, so I GW'd Capital One to see if they would remove them voluntarily. I figured this was the best way to keep the lates from reappearing.
Here we go again...
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: TransUnion refused to investigate my dispute. Is that legal?

Cap1 stinks with GW but it does happen.

TU did not refuse to investigate, they refused to re-investigate and yes they can do that in circumstances like this.  What you can do is MOV them and see how it was done.  If you are certain you were not late I would proceed with MOV.  If you were late but hoping to just have them removed, I would just keep my fingers crossed on the GW letter.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.