Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion Big Blunder

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion Big Blunder

Mods move as needed
Transunion dispute recently. Updated credit report sent to me. READY TO PUKE!!!
My birth date is changed!! How could that happen?? How do I resolve quickly? I am ready to order certified copy of my birth certificate..but that may take weeks to arrive.
How did transunion change that and why??
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion Big Blunder

@Anonymous wrote:
Mods move as needed
Transunion dispute recently. Updated credit report sent to me. READY TO PUKE!!!
My birth date is changed!! How could that happen?? How do I resolve quickly? I am ready to order certified copy of my birth certificate..but that may take weeks to arrive.
How did transunion change that and why??

Is there a Senior, and Junior in the same household? Common 1st, and last name in your city?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No and no. Changed since my recent dispute.
Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Only the CRA can tell you why they changed their information.

I would make an informat call to the CRA.  They may be able, upon review of their records, to still see the old info and see that there was to request to update.

It may be simply resolvable without need to provide them an official birth certificate to prove the legitimacy of your requested "change."

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First call tomorrow... dispute was related to baddie that was still reporting and is obsolete. Certainly not regarding my DOB. Appreciate all your help.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.