Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion FICO went down 3 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion FICO went down 3 points

So I received an alert from my FICO saying my transunion FICO increased by 3 points. But, when I check my score is down by 3. The alert clearly shows +3. I don't get it lol
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion FICO went down 3 points

And the timeline shows it went up by 3
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG! Mine has done that several times now too. It's confusing. What ends up happening with me is that in a day or two a second TU change shows up with that same date with a change in the opposite direction and then the scores make sense. It's like the score updates immediately but sometimes the reason lags behind. So frustrating!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know, right. I was hoping for my TU FICO to uptick now that my Penfed car loan is reporting in to them, but it actually dropped by 3 points like OP's score. I think I know why, though - it's that blasted Amazon Prime annual charge that dumped $100 on my Amazon store card and pushed the util up over 30%. *sigh* Nothing for it but to pay it down.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know, right. I was hoping for my TU FICO to uptick now that my Penfed car loan is reporting in to them, but it actually dropped by 3 points like OP's score. I think I know why, though - it's that blasted Amazon Prime annual charge that dumped $100 on my Amazon store card and pushed the util up over 30%. *sigh* Nothing for it but to pay it down.

Hi Joe8185!  Yes, it is frustrating when things don't go the way we expect with regards to our credit scores but these are actual MyFICO alerts that we get telling us our score did one thing but then when we look at the number it did something completely different. We are stuck trying to figure out what really happened. Grrr...

Message 5 of 9
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

My TU FICO went down 6 pts for lowering overall util. I don't get it. My EQ went up 11 pts. My EX was unchanged.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hippychic823 wrote:
My TU FICO went down 6 pts for lowering overall util. I don't get it. My EQ went up 11 pts. My EX was unchanged.

This is normal if you have zero utilization across the board.  I accidentally PIF'd down to $0 across all cards and my FICO08s all dropped as much as 20 points from having no utilization showing at all.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hippychic823 wrote:

Unless you had $0 report on all of your revolving accounts, the lower utilization drop would not have caused your score to go down by 6 points.

Message 8 of 9
taekwon
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@hippychic823 wrote:

This is normal if you have zero utilization across the board.  I accidentally PIF'd down to $0 across all cards and my FICO08s all dropped as much as 20 points from having no utilization showing at all.

The same thing happen to me last month. I PIF on all cards and all three scores dropped 13-20 pts. I brought my utilization back up to 1% and all the points came back.

Starting Scores: EQ 598, EX 566, TU 550, 3/31/13 ....... Goal Score: 830
Current Scores: EQ 845, EX 841, TU 836 ..................... Inq: EQ: 0, EX: 1, TU: 1

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.