Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion b*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion b*

@Anonymous wrote:
is it possible that it was the CCT daily pulls that did it and the CreditKarma daily pulls were not necessary?

Yes, that is a possibility, but impossible to test or verify.

Message 21 of 53
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

It was downright taboo a couple of months ago, before the change in TOS, not just controversial.

Mike14 wrote:
Wow, I didn't realize I nearly treaded into controversial waters with this thread!  CreditKarma doesn't give you a report, and while the FAKO score itself may be significantly different than your FICO, I believe the TREND should be similar; i.e., if your CK score has been rising for the three months since you last checked your FICO, you FICO should be higher as well.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

'No, you didn't do anything wrong. It's cool. You can talk about bumping, you just can't advocate it.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can talk about bumping-but you can't advocate it? So not saying or giving someone advice to do it. How do you do it? I didn't know you could do it with TU or Ex. I knew back a year a so ago that it could be done whit EQ. Don't know if it can still be done with EQ or not. I may be mistaken, but the best I can remember bumping was bumping an inquiry off by disputing it as not being yours. I think that this is save to say on here. If it's not yours, then it's not yours or wrong information on your CR

Message 23 of 53
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Again, as long as you are not advocating (or even toeing the line, IMO) disputing accurate information or advocating bumpage, we have no beef.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 24 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

cbjn1103  says:  the best I can remember bumping was bumping an inquiry off by disputing it as not being yours. I think that this is save to say on here. If it's not yours, then it's not yours or wrong information on your CR

-------------------------------------

errrr....I thought b* was pulling your credit report frequently (soft pulls) so that some hard pulls got bumped off.

Thereby reducing your number of INQs....

Has nothing to do with disputes.  Have I misunderstood the concept?

Message 25 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't really remember. As of yesterday or the day before, I hadn't been on here in about a year, give or take a month or two. I do remember some posts about pulling your credit several times with TrueCredit sometimes removed so hard inquiries-some type of malfunction with maybe true credits software/or site. But it took many-many pulls to do it. You could only pull your reports once evrey 24 hours so it took a long time for it to happen. Best I can remember it didn't happen to everyone, just some. So yes that would considered a b*.

However I know someone had posted something on here a couple of years ago about how they had disputed some hard inquiries that really were theirs and they got them pulled which was called b*ing too. I'm not going to go into any detail on how she said she done it because it wasn't right, or legal I should say-although I don't think the the CR agency would have spent the money to prosecute, CR would have just put the inquiries back on her file. I know for a fact that what she done worked....Smiley Wink

I'm sure some of the older members like Tuscani and Noah Bodie that have been members a long time or from the very begining probably remember the post I'm speaking of.

It's was neat that she figured it out, but it was wrong and I am sure that many people probably tried it. She probably should not have posted it, but she posted it from start to finish step by step.

Message 26 of 53
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I remember lots of posts discussing bumpage two years ago.
Message 27 of 53
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

YMMV.  I have zero on TU, tons on EQ, who cares about EX.

HTSU:  watcha got goin' on with that scratchin'???

Message 28 of 53
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

fishbjc wrote:

HTSU:  watcha got goin' on with that scratchin'???

Head lice?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 29 of 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea Fuse-I forgot about you. I remember you being here back then. I just lost touch with a lot of names. I remember them when I see them.  Do you remember which post I'm talking about?

As for fishtbg-it didn't work on tu or ex. It only worked on EQ. EQ is the one you said you had lots of hard inquires on, it would have helped you.

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.