cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion credit monitoring service?

tag
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

Re: Transunion credit monitoring service?

@Supermade wrote:

Do I have to be a USAA customer to use/purchase their CMS?

Are all thre FICO scores or only TU and EQ FICO and EX FAKO?

No, you do not have to be a current USAA customer.  You apply like you are going to be (even asks you if you are related to anyone in the military or is a current USAA member), but it is just for the CMS.  There are no qualifications.

The only place (that I know of) for your EQ and TU FICO scores are here on myFICO.com (or from a lender pull - of course).  Don't frustrate yourself trying to figure out which FAKO is closest to your FICO because one day it might be from one place and the next day from another .  As my scores changes with baddies being removed, etc. my score is all over the place on the FAKO's.  I gave up trying to nail one down as the "closest" to my FICO.  I just rely on getting those from here - when I need them.  

While CMS does not give you your FICO scores, it does allow you to access all 3 CR's every 24 hrs, which is what I like.

Message 11 of 13
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@AZHeather wrote:

No, you do not have to be a current USAA customer.  You apply like you are going to be (even asks you if you are related to anyone in the military or is a current USAA member), but it is just for the CMS.  There are no qualifications.

The only place (that I know of) for your EQ and TU FICO scores are here on myFICO.com (or from a lender pull - of course).  Don't frustrate yourself trying to figure out which FAKO is closest to your FICO because one day it might be from one place and the next day from another .  As my scores changes with baddies being removed, etc. my score is all over the place on the FAKO's.  I gave up trying to nail one down as the "closest" to my FICO.  I just rely on getting those from here - when I need them.  

While CMS does not give you your FICO scores, it does allow you to access all 3 CR's every 24 hrs, which is what I like.

From the CMS Guide here onsite:

TransUnion FICO flavors -

Partners 1st Federal Credit Union (KY) - TUxx(?) - FREE - Partners 1st FCU advertises a service where you can sit down with one of their reps and they'll go over your score and your credit and will do so on a semi-annual basis as a benefit to the CU. They talk about FICO in several of their pages and also have online videos about FICO. One news source interviewed the CU and they said it was a FICO. After a phone call, they confirmed that they will review your TU FICO for free with you and go into depth about FICO scoring and how to improve your FICO score, if you go into a branch.

WalMart Store Card or WalMart Discover - TU08 - FREE - FICO partnered with the WalMart credit card to provide the newest Classic TU FICO score, TU08. This service updates monthly and displays your TU FICO score including your top two negative reason codes with your past score history.

SaveandInvest.org - TU98 - FREE - If you happen to be an active duty service member or a family member of one who are at risk financially, then you can get a free EQ or TU FICO score. FINRA Investor Education Foundation partnered up with myFICO to provide free scores to help those who might be at risk of losing their security clearance. It's the same scores as found on myFICO.

Equifax FICO flavors

Digital Federal Credit Union - Beacon 5.0 - FREE - As a checking account holder for a couple of different checking accounts, DCU will provide for you your EQ FICO on a monthly basis and it'll be delivered via a private message.

SaveandInvest.org - Beacon 5.0 - FREE - If you happen to be an active duty service member or a family member of one who are at risk financially, then you can get a free EQ or TU FICO score. FINRA Investor Education Foundation partnered up with myFICO to provide free scores to help those who might be at risk of losing their security clearance. It's the same scores found on myFICO.

Unitus Community Credit Union - Beacon 5.0 - FREE - Unitus also offers a free monthly EQ FICO score to their members. In order to use this benefit, you must have a checking account, using e-statements, and also a credit account like a CC or loan. Added 2/24/2012

M&T Bank - Beacon 5.0 - $2.99/mo - M&T Bank offers a monthly EQ FICO for those who have a checking account and use their web banking service. It's provided on a monthly basis and also includes factors that impact your FICO score.

Equifax's 3-in-1 Credit Report w/ EQ FICO score  -  Beacon 5.0  -  $39.95/one-time  -  Equifax still partners with myFICO and offers a three-in-one report with an EQ FICO for the EQ portion of the report.

Equifax Score Power report w/ EQ FICO score  -  Beacon 5.0  -  $19.95/one-time  -  Along with the 3-in-1 mention above, you can still purchase your full EQ report and they'll also provide you a FICO score. If you order your free annual credit report EQ report, and opt for a score, it isn't a FICO score. It's their FAKO. Updated 2/24/2012

Message 12 of 13
DM6410
Regular Contributor

This is an excellent resource, thank you MarineVietVet

As far as my credit goes, I am a work in progress...
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.