cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion deleted 6 false reports.. credit increase of 1 point.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion deleted 6 false reports.. credit increase of 1 point.

So my transunion dispute finished yesterday. The total number of negitive reports removed was 6. However, my score only went up a single point. Does it take time for my credit score to reflect the deleted items?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Transunion deleted 6 false reports.. credit increase of 1 point.

It shouldnt.

When a CRA resolves a dispute by correction or deletion of information, they must provide the consumer with a copy of their updated credit report along with the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation, showing that the changes have been made.  Any subsequent scoring should thus reflect the corrected/updated file.

Possible score change upon deletion of derogs is just as dependent upon what remains in the file as upon deletions.

If the file still contains major derogs, for example, the score change could be minimal.

Message 2 of 4
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So my transunion dispute finished yesterday. The total number of negitive reports removed was 6. However, my score only went up a single point. Does it take time for my credit score to reflect the deleted items?

Thanks!

How many baddies do you have remaining on your report and what are your scores?

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 3 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

You could have also been rebucketed.  My last two derogs are coming off this summer and I'm not expecting a big score jump as I know I'll be rebucketed. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.