Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion/disputed lines gone

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion/disputed lines gone

Sorry if a dumb question. I disputed a few student loans that i think are multiples. 5 minutes later I then sign up for CCT and they are gone. They were there just yesterday. Would this have to do with my online TU dispute? Or should i jump for joy? I disputed once before with TU and it did not quite happen this quickly. Or maybe it's temporariy removed because i disputed? thx in advance.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion/disputed lines gone

Possibly only temporary, maybe not though.  Were they negative accounts I presume?

        
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Negatives on old account showing inaccurately...
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry if a dumb question. I disputed a few student loans that i think are multiples. 5 minutes later I then sign up for CCT and they are gone. They were there just yesterday. Would this have to do with my online TU dispute? Or should i jump for joy? I disputed once before with TU and it did not quite happen this quickly. Or maybe it's temporariy removed because i disputed? thx in advance.

Speaking from my experiences with TU, when I used the online option for "disputes" they were usually acted upon within one to two calendar days and that does include removing negatives (not student loans as I did not have any).

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

welp i checked the TU site and each of those accounts show as deleted. Hope it stays that way. Lost 5 accounts with 15 years of age. But i'll take an accurate report over that. Score moved up 4 points. Im guessing it would have been more if it didnt hit my AAOA

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If deleted by the CRA as an outcome of a dispute, the CRA is required to provide a Notice of Results of Reinvestigation that so states, and to additionally provide a revised copy of your credit report showing the deletions have been made.

You thus should not have to guess as to whether a deletion was made by a CRA as a result of your dispute, or occured based on a voluntary deletion reported by the furnsher.

Did you ever receive a Notice of Results of Reinvesitgation?

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got a resolution summary from TU showing the 5 deleted items. The first few sentences are

We have completed verification of the investigation or changes that you requested regarding your TransUnion Personal Credit Report. Please review these results carefully.

The results are listed below. If an item you disputed is not in the list of results below, it was either not appearing in your credit file or it already reflected the requested status at the time of our investigation. If an item says, "Deleted" we have removed it from your credit report and taken steps so it does not reappear.

it then asks me to click continue to see an updated copy of my credit report.
Message 7 of 9
DollyLama
Established Contributor

And are they no longer on the updated credit report?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Corrrct DollyLama
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.