Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion fico monitoring product

tag
angelajock
Established Member

Transunion fico monitoring product

Transunion is offering a Fico monitoring product, it's 19.95 a quarter. I just canceled my FAKO 3 in one credit report with transunion because it irked me that they were so way off with my scores. But i kinda don't like paying $15.00 every time I want to check my transunion score here. But the only website I really trust is this one. So is it worth it to try out the transunion fico monitoring? www.transunioncs.com
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Transunion fico monitoring product

This always boggled my mind.. www.transunioncs.com offers FICO monitoring.. but www.transunion.com does not... lol
Message 2 of 23
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Sounds mighty expensive compared to the EQ Score Watch product. Mighty. If your scores are close and you are on a budget go for the discounted EQ products. If you're really curious then you have to feed the monster every now and again. But the TU product is not one I'd buy. Get yourself a WAMU CC and grab your PFICO after a bit for free. Its TU for most.
Message 3 of 23
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:
This always boggled my mind.. www.transunioncs.com offers FICO monitoring.. but www.transunion.com does not... lol

If you call TC with a problem they claim they're not TU. Tis a puzzlement.
Message 4 of 23
angelajock
Established Member

Help me out smallfry what is a PFICO. I dont know if Wamu would approve me. My scores are ok, but i would hate to have the hard inq. and get denied

Equifax-644
Trans-657
Experian-675
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

WAmu approved me with a TU score of 573...I think you can get approved. I was getting pre-approval letters in the mail like 3 times a week.

Message 6 of 23
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Picture me SCREAMING!!!!!  as I just got off the phone with TU.  Was it the real TU?  Or was it not the real TU?  It's anyone's guess, as the rep I spoke with informed me that I cannot obtain my REAL TransUnion credit score from the TC (True Credit) website nor from TU online.  I have to write, fax or phone, for it.  She also said that the TC website is NOT TransUnion.  They are affiliated but not the same.  TC has it's own way of calculating credit scores, which are not TU credit scores. 

Why did I call TransUnion -- if in fact it was the real TransUnion?  Because I got a nice little letter from BOA today informing me that they are raising the interest rate on my BOA Visa to 24.99%, after having pulled my TU report upon which late payments are reported.  Yes, I called BOA, too, and was given that reason, to which I argued the fact that I have NOT made one single late payment to anyone, not ONE in four years, so there could be no recent lates on my CR!  O contraire!  That good old Sun Trust account that's been closed since 09/2002, and paid in full (after charge off) in 09/2004 is reporting to TU now as well, as being charged off on 04/2007!!!  It doesn't show this on TC's TU credit report.  I read it to her (the Rep from TU).  I also informed her that my TU FICO is 686!  Not our formula," she says to me.  I'm 626 with TU/TC, which puts me between fair and poor, and gives BOA good reason.

SCREAMING!  (Not really, but you know...)

And since when does BOA pull TU?  I've been with them for more than 20 years and it's always been Experian!  Always! Seems to me they are just fishing for cause ... 

The TU  Rep (if it was TU) did sign me up for credit monitorring for 9.95 a month.  Is that the one you recommend, and how can I be sure it's really TU?  I asked her, and what was she going to say but, "Of course!"  And how is it that she added I cannot pull my REAL TU score from any website, I have to call, write or fax for it.   What in the world are we all paying for if, in fact, we aren't getting the real deal?

Now I'm really confused ... with a good measure of discouragement thrown in there, too!

me
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
WAmu approved me with a TU score of 573...I think you can get approved. I was getting pre-approval letters in the mail like 3 times a week.

I still can't get a WAMU card. I'm feeling left out of the WAMU club. :-( WAMU hats me.
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Transunion scores are always lower than the other two and I am always having to write them about something that is not correct! 

I have TrueCredit and Wamu too  and my scores vary there also.  It seems I am always requesting a card that pull Transunion here in NY.  Smiley Mad 

Does anyone know who Chase Freedom uses here in NY?  I hear Chase Freedom is giving away $250.00 to new customers through their rewards programs.   Can I  get instant approval online?  How about Juniper?  How about an 800 credit score across the board?  Smiley Very Happy

SandyK
Message 9 of 23
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

ilovepizza wrote:  Wamu hates me... 

Only Wamu?  You're blessed!  Smiley Happy

Sun Trust, hates me. 
The CRAS, hate me -- especially Equifax. 
Citibank, hates me. 
Walmart even hates me. 
BOA isn't at all certain.
And Target is indifferent.

Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.