Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion live person?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion live person?

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get through to a live person at Transunion? For whatever reason, they won't let me do anything online - can't access my credit report, can't place a security freeze, can't place disputes, nothing. I always either get a 'temporary error' message or it states that they can't verify my identity. But all the numbers they list on their site just go to automated phone systems with no option to speak to an operator. I'd really love a way to get a hold of someone on their end to find out WHY they're not letting me access my own credit information. I had no problem getting through to Experian when I called them in the past - but Transunion seems to be Skynet, no way to get through to a human on their end.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DantGwyrdd
Frequent Contributor

Re: Transunion live person?

Have you tried hitting 0 when you connect with the automated operator? I've never tried calling TU, but it works oftentimes with other automated systems even when they don't list it as an option.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this #, I get to a live person every time I've called.

1-800-916-8800 once the automated system answers wait for the system to get to where it says "press 3 to speak to a represenative"  then it will say if you have a TU file ID number press 1 now, otherwise press 2 now. So first you want to press 3, then press 2, and you will be taken to a live person.

Hope this helps.

Best of Luck!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did get through to a person with that number, but he was of absolutely no help at all. He really didn't understand anything I was asking for. So I called one of the other TU numbers and spammed 0.. and ended up back talking to the exact same person Smiley Surprised I guess there's only one 'Kevin' who handles all phone calls for TransUnion. Scary.

What bothers me the most is that these companies more or less make or break our financial standing, and they can't even get proper (non-automated) customer service set up.. wow.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

File a BBB complaint and get yourself into special handling. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.