Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion not reporting car loan

tag
Jacque383
Regular Contributor

Transunion not reporting car loan

I am in the process of cleaning up some medical bills on my credit report. In pulling my credit reports this morning I noticed that Transunion does not show my car loan (which is in very good standing).

I called my Credit Union and they said they do report to all 3 agencies. They suggested that Transunion simply isn't updating there files.  They suggested I dispute this not showing with Transunion and that Transunion would then give them a call to verify

I'm trying to make up my mind on calling them because I also realize that Transunion doesn't show the medical collections. So if I dispute my car loan, and they update my file, would the medical collections suddenly show up as well? If that's the case wouldn't it be better to simply leave Transunion alone?

Any suggestions or advice. I truly am not certain what to do.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion not reporting car loan

I doubt that the medical collections not reporting have anything to do with the car loan not reporting.  Some collections report to one agency, some to all.  As far as the loan not reporting, I would contact the CU again and ask them to make sure that they are reporting the loan to all 3 bureaus.  They should be able to send an update to TU.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It appears creditors pick & choose which bureaus to report to.  They do not have to report to the one you wish they wouldSmiley Happy
Message 3 of 5
Jacque383
Regular Contributor

Actually I stopped at the branch after talking to them to make a deposit and they showed me my account....It shows as being reported to all 3 credit agencies....For some reason Transunion hasn't updated their files. I don't know why. It's hard to get someone on the line to talk too over there.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish you luck - I've disputed an account listed for the past two years and this latest time they called me frivolous, despite the fact that I sent them a copy of the CMRRR and DV letterSmiley Sad  Go figure!

It truly is SAD that WE the consumers are the ones who have to fight to have accurate records and they just use computer software to "verify" the debt. 

We are in the wrong business if we want to make money - but I'll tell you this, I can live with myself knowing I don't mess with people's lives!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.