Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion not showing new investigation option

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion not showing new investigation option

I recently filed a re-investigation with Transunion and the result was that the entry was deleted.  I would like to request EE for some other accounts in my file, but I'm not seeing an option to file a new re-investigation.  https://dispute.transunion.com/dp/dispute/landingPage.jsp just puts me into the results of my last investigation.

What am I missing?

I'm about to mail in my EE requests, but I would rather do it online.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Transunion not showing new investigation option

A request for an early exclusion is not a dispute of accuracy of information.

I would first call the CRA and make a simple request for early exclusion.  The CRA will present you their procedure for handling your request.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU does have a dispute reason that says "account too old to report" or something similar. Then you put in the comment box that you are requesting early exclusion. I've requested EE twice from TU this way and been successful.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up mailing in a request, checking the reason as "other" and requesting early exlusion/removal.  We'll see what happens.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your last investigation is still open, or was resolved in the past 30 days, you cannot open a new investigation online. You have to call or mail it in.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, that makes sense.  Thanks.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.