Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion score soars due to unexplained removal of all inquiries

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion score soars due to unexplained removal of all inquiries

I woke up this morning like every other morning and checked my email for any signs of identity intruders. My sleep last night was sparse; something was off. Upon logging in to wallethub.com I saw something very strange indeed: my Transunion scored jumped about 25 points. I frantically searched for the disparity from yesterday to today and discovered all of my inquiries, 8 in total, were gone. Poof. Vanished, like they were never there. I took exception to this and went on about my day. When I arrived at work, I decided to dig a little deeper. I went to mybankrate.com and got a second free score; it confirmed my wallethub score. Anyone ever experience this? Thought about applying for Barclay since they primarily use TU but in the end decided to lay by my bowl and do nothing. Any opinions?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Transunion score soars due to unexplained removal of all inquiries

@Anonymous wrote:

I woke up this morning like every other morning and checked my email for any signs of identity intruders. My sleep last night was sparse; something was off. Upon logging in to wallethub.com I saw something very strange indeed: my Transunion scored jumped about 25 points. I frantically searched for the disparity from yesterday to today and discovered all of my inquiries, 8 in total, were gone. Poof. Vanished, like they were never there. I took exception to this and went on about my day. When I arrived at work, I decided to dig a little deeper. I went to mybankrate.com and got a second free score; it confirmed my wallethub score. Anyone ever experience this? Thought about applying for Barclay since they primarily use TU but in the end decided to lay by my bowl and do nothing. Any opinions?

It's a well known glitch.  The inquiries will return.

Message 2 of 19
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I heard they've been having issues with CK and websites offering FAKO scores, 8 of mine were deleted, they showed up a week later. Check your fico score if they aren't there it's worth a shot.
Message 3 of 19
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I have had 14 disappear a few weeks ago and they have not returned. I went from 30 to 16. If they never come back it will be too soon. lol

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 4 of 19
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

I have had reps with the CRA tell me they say on for one year, 6 mounts, 3 years its strange that even the CRA don't know.

Message 5 of 19
gibeon
Established Contributor

CK is showing that 43 inquiries were removed from my TU. Which means that my TU file WASN'T split like I thought it was, and that the TU Bump issue might be resolved shortly, and my TU score is about to tank a bit... Oh wells.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 6 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I have 2 on my TU that play ghost tag for about a month. They will return .....Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone ever experience this?

There have been many threads on such issues with TU recently.  Don't overlook existing threads as a resource.  I think I've seen more of them in the General subforum.

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Split file. Probably from too many SPs. They'll return.
Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

FYI, same thing happened to me this morning.

CK, WalletHub and TransUnion's "Creditviewdashboard" or whatever all reflect it.

Edit:

I did just move, new address is reflected on the report.

11 hits removed ranging pretty evenly over the last 18 monts.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.