Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion score soars due to unexplained removal of all inquiries

tag
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Transunion score soars due to unexplained removal of all inquiries

Many threads about this being a known issue so the best thing is to assume they'll return, unfortunately.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion removed all of my inquires, by chance did any of yours come back yet. Mine were removed 2 days ago still not back.. hoping the stay gone.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of this morning wallethub still had 0 inq. for me.

Message 13 of 19
tinglywoowoo
New Contributor

I am somewhat relieved to see this thread. Madcap me was thrilled to see 8 inquiries removed but "When's the other shoe going to drop?" me knew that this would be too darn big a bounty to be real.

Still, because I wanted this to be true, I've almost worn the markings off my keyboard as I've checked every possible FAKO and FICO hidey hole I can think of. They are lying to me en masse, of course.

Guess Chase will still be the blue carrot dangling just out of reach for a while longer. Thanks for bringing me back to the planet, Mission Control.

The degree of one's emotions varies inversely with one's knowledge of the facts: the less you know the hotter you get.
--Bertrand Russell
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol.... I got an alert this morning from CK and wallethub... looks like even though i went on an app spree and got 3 cards those inquires are now gone.. Only showing that I have I on CK and 0 on Wallethub.. going to check my transunion now to see if it matches CK usually does.

Message 15 of 19
Bunnylocks
New Contributor

It's a pity this didn't happen next month when I plan to app. UGH...I hope they never return. 

@Anonymous wrote:

I woke up this morning like every other morning and checked my email for any signs of identity intruders. My sleep last night was sparse; something was off. Upon logging in to wallethub.com I saw something very strange indeed: my Transunion scored jumped about 25 points. I frantically searched for the disparity from yesterday to today and discovered all of my inquiries, 8 in total, were gone. Poof. Vanished, like they were never there. I took exception to this and went on about my day. When I arrived at work, I decided to dig a little deeper. I went to mybankrate.com and got a second free score; it confirmed my wallethub score. Anyone ever experience this? Thought about applying for Barclay since they primarily use TU but in the end decided to lay by my bowl and do nothing. Any opinions?

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just redid hubby's and all inq's are back on.  Since he doesn't have many, it doesn't matter for him!  I'm sure mine will be back tomorrow.  Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 19
EW800
Valued Contributor

I wonder how I can get TU to drop my foreclosure, while they are at it!!   Smiley Tongue

I have seen a lot of references to this being a "glitch".  I cannot help but wonder if this might actually be hardware/software upgrades that they are doing, in response to all the "bumping" some people did in the past.  It sounds like people that were conducting that particular practice are finding that everything is returning.  Perhaps TU is finally upgrading their computer capacities?  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Got an update that my 2 new accounts were added and both Trans Union and CK are back to 0 inquires!Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.