cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion suddenly showing my discover it account closed??

tag
xstayfrosty

Transunion suddenly showing my discover it account closed??

Hey guys,

I have 4 total credit accounts, fairly young. A chase credit card (since jan 2014), discover IT credit card (since feb 2014), and 2 chrysler capital auto loans since March of 2014.

Something strange happened today. I opened up credit karma to review my weekly credit score & report, and my score dropped 27 points.The alert was: Your Discover account has been removed.

What??

So I make sure it's not just a credit karma issue, and log on to transunion.com to see the actual report. Yup, my discover it credit card doesn't even appear on there anymore. Seriously, like it never existed.. lol. Dropped my on time payments from 19 to 11. I try to go to the dispute center, but like I said, it's like my discover card was never there, when it was clearly showing on my reports for a while.

Equifax and experian however, shows my discover account to be open an active. Heck, I even MADE A PAYMENT OVER THE WEEKEND  FOR THIS CARD LOL.

Any ideas why this might happen? Do I call Discover or transunion to solve this issue? Because their online dispute center is useless to me at this point.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Transunion suddenly showing my discover it account closed??

@xstayfrosty wrote:

Do I call Discover or transunion to solve this issue?

Impossible to say.  You'd probably need to contact both to determine the cause and to address.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a Transunion problem. If you haven't already, contact them immediately! Good luck.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

.... or the creditor decided to discontinue reporting to TU, and deleted their prior reporting.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.