cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunion takes forever to report Cap1?

tag
Evel_Knievel
Established Member

Transunion takes forever to report Cap1?

Every month my payment is due on the 9th. I always PIF at least 3-4 days beofre the due date.

I've been refraining from using the Cap1 card until I see the payment post on TU but it seems to take forever!!

It posts so late in the month that I only have a week or so to use it before I PIF 3-4 days in advance of the due date.

Looking to have a $0 balance to maybe app soon.

Anyone else have slow reporting by TU form Cap 1?

Have a feeling TU is the problem, not Cap1.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mitch953

Re: Transunion takes forever to report Cap1?

In my experience TU is always several days to a couple weeks behind EX or EQ when updating. My Cap1 cards report to all three on the day the statements cut, and EX and EQ show this update immediately. TU does not reflect the update for several days (sometimes even weeks). This also happens with all my other accounts (BofA, student loans, car loan, US Bank, GECRB accounts, etc). It is not just Cap1 for me, so that leads me to believe it is a delay on TU's part and not on the part of the creditors.

Message 2 of 4
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Mitch953 wrote:

In my experience TU is always several days to a couple weeks behind EX or EQ when updating. My Cap1 cards report to all three on the day the statements cut, and EX and EQ show this update immediately. TU does not reflect the update for several days (sometimes even weeks). This also happens with all my other accounts (BofA, student loans, car loan, US Bank, GECRB accounts, etc). It is not just Cap1 for me, so that leads me to believe it is a delay on TU's part and not on the part of the creditors.

+1

TU always lags EX and EQ for all of my accts as well.

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

TU is always slow to update.  A number of threads mention this.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.