Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transunioncs/TrueCredit

tag
SSgtUSMC
New Contributor

Transunioncs/TrueCredit

I have a TrueCredit account where I can view my Transunion Credit Reoprt but I have been reading a few threads where people refer to TransunionCS.  Is this the same site of am I looking at a third party's site?

Thanks again!

Semper Fi

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Transunioncs/TrueCredit

@SSgtUSMC wrote:

I have a TrueCredit account where I can view my Transunion Credit Reoprt but I have been reading a few threads where people refer to TransunionCS.  Is this the same site of am I looking at a third party's site?

Thanks again!

Semper Fi

No! Transunioncs.com is where you can purchase your TU FICO score.  TU offers the FAKO scores.  

Message 2 of 6
SSgtUSMC
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  Learn something new everday on this website!  Follow on question(+ comment).

So the TransunionCS FICO score and this website's score should match correct?

Also, does Equifax sell a real "FICO" score via their site?

Semper Fi! 

Message 3 of 6
DI
Super Contributor

No.  Transunioncs.com will have a different score than True Credit.  The FICO score on transunioncs.com is the score most lenders uses.
Message 4 of 6
SSgtUSMC
New Contributor

I apologize, I should have of been more specific.  Transunion CS will match MyFICO score.  I did a search of the forums and I think I answered my own questions.  Many Thanks!

Semper Fi

Message 5 of 6
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:
No.  Transunioncs.com will have a different score than True Credit.  The FICO score on transunioncs.com is the score most lenders uses.

Hi DI...

I'm not sure this is true anymore. Borrowers (especially in the Mortgage forum) are saying that their TU scores pulled from here and transunioncs.com (the TU 98 score) are higher than the scores their loan officers are getting in their trimerge reports. It seems many lenders are now pulling the TU 04 FICO, which we don't have access to.

Lots of surprised buyers when their TU FICO is actually lower than they thought.

As if the FAKO scores aren't bad enough, now we have the different versions of FICO to sort out...ugh.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.