Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tranuinon File Update

tag
EDGE1230
Contributor

Tranuinon File Update

Hey guys i just need some advice on where to go next here .  I outlined the time line below .  Its regarding a collection account that was placed on my bureau and was subsequently deleted /  withdrawn .

10/15/16  a colection account was placed for $132 from penn state university.  The actual university not a collection agency .

10/27/16.  Penn state agreed to delete the record from my credit profile as long as i paid in full.   I made the payment and they stated it was sent electronicly for all collection records for this debt to be deleted. I confirmed multiple times it will be completely withdrawn and not marked as paid .    I was advised it takes transunion about 3 days to update

10/31/2016  I called back in because i havent seen an increase in my score yet or credit change alert and they stated the request was put through and confirmed all details of our agreement .  The woman said they will put it through again on their end but if i dont see anything now there isnt anything else they can do .

Today i called transunion to see if they have any record of this and they are stating that there was never an attempt to remove the file.  however i did speak to a foreigner who had very little grasp of the english language so all he did was confirm this is still on my bureau .

I am convinced Penn State is not doing anything shady here so i believe this falls on trans union. 

Any ideas for next steps ?   Could there be a lapse in update time for TU ?   I know they are slower about updating files.

MY FICO: EQ: 646/ TU 675/ EXP 665.

Cap 1 qs1 ( 3k) - Chase Southwest Premiere( 5k) - Chase Marriott (5k) - -AMEX DELTA (2k) - Barclays Rewards ( 2500) - Credit One ( 1000) - BOA cash rewards ( 1k) - BOA Travel Rewards (1K) Synchrony dicks ( 3500) - HSN ( 1750) Buckle (2550), lowes (6k), NFCU (1900),
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Tranuinon File Update

I would sit back and wait.  Give it time to clear.

I would NOT continue to call the CRA.

By calling them, you are informing them that the furnisher has agreed to delete reported information based on your payment of the debt.

The CRA, via their credit reporting manual and credit reporting agreements, specifically instructs furnishers NOT to make such deletions.

You are thus informing the CRA that the furnisher is acting contrary to their credit reporting agreement.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.