cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trials and Tribulations of my credit Repair.

tag
DIYcredit
Frequent Contributor

Trials and Tribulations of my credit Repair.

Basicually  I entered into the Debt Management Program last year.When entering into the program some errors occurred.I never changed the due dates on my CC;s.They are due on the 1st of every month.The DMP doesn't send out their payments until the 7th of every month.Oops!So then I hired Lexington Law to file Disputes and that was a total waste of $200.Oh yeah and a website full of crap.
  So I did an investigation of my own into Credit Repair.So I filed disputes on my own that were verified.Some of the knowledge I have obtained taught me that,Firstly,when a dispute is files to Credit Bureaus it then goes to a foreign country and then given a number,It good through the eOscar System [which is 95% automated] and then for the most part comes back verified.So,I think the only way to beat it is if they don't respond back within thirty days.Secondly,I found the ''Loopholes like Method of Verification,
Piggybacking or changing your SSN# which is illegal.So I tried Method of Verification to a collection account and they sent me a bill.Guess what it didn't work.Unless you want to take them to small claims court.Piggybacking might work,if you have a family member with good credit.I wouldn't pay for it.Their is no Magic Wand or Secret Strangely its all out their for free.
  Finally,at this point I realized that I'll be doing the Credit Repair Myself.Even the Credit Karma score seems wrong.I don't think they calculate in mt late payments or what I owe.I going to concentrate on establishing  positive new credit with my new Capital One CC.I'm going to keep the ratio low and never be late again.I hope someone can learn from my errors and mistakes because the creditors are not going to help the consumer.And ""If it seems too good to be true it probabily  is""

DIYcredit

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.