Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble accessing Equifax

tag
RaeC
Established Member

Trouble accessing Equifax

I'm trying to dispute something online with Equifax and when I go through the 'security' questions, AND I KNOW none of the questions apply to me -- it tells me that information appears to be incorrect and I can't proceed. The very same with my husband's, which is really beginning to concen me. Or maybe this is a common problem with Equifax? What can I do about those security questions ('It appears you may have a mortgage opened around May 2011...' type questions)? None of them apply!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

Re: Trouble accessing Equifax

Its happened to me before.  You simply have to call them and go thru the mill with questions.   

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 2 of 4
EmmaGolden
Frequent Contributor

Same happened to me. I sent them in a copy of my driver's license, social sercurity card  even though they didn't ask proof of new address, since I move 2 months ago, Not one of the questions pretained to me for loans & the telephone #;s I didn't recognize one. Am still waiting on report, sent out info last week.I should have called but it immediately gave me an address & items needed. 

Message 3 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

It can happen.  There are plenty of other threads on the topic as well and not just with EQ  Call them and sort it out.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.