Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble may be comming my way?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trouble may be comming my way?

I had sent a DV letter to NCO and never recieved a responce. I also disputed the TL with all three CRA, and they all three deleted the trade line. Well today I see a TC Alert that NCO has pulled my credit twice today??? I hate this crap and need to know what to do.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Trouble may be comming my way?

Rockjock wrote:
I had sent a DV letter to NCO and never recieved a responce. I also disputed the TL with all three CRA, and they all three deleted the trade line. Well today I see a TC Alert that NCO has pulled my credit twice today??? I hate this crap and need to know what to do.

Did you apply for credit with NCO?  I don't think so, they may be about to reinsert on you but I would dispute the inquiries with the simple explaination that I did not apply for credit and did not give them permission to pull my file.  The reps at the bureau may not know.  Don't stir em up too much if it is a valid debt but you can file an FTC complaint and they will face heavy fines as there was no new request for credit.

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-05-2007 12:14 PM
Message 2 of 7
buckeye74
Valued Member

that doesn't sound good.  I have an account with NCO as well and they are nasty.  Who knows what they have up their sleeve.  how were you able to get the account deleted?  I have a bunch of inquiries by NCO that have affected my score.  they are apparently pulling my credit as a creditor issuing credit.  they also have my acct listed as "open, 120+ days past due" instead of a collection.  the account is from 2004.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even active creditors cannot pull a hard without you requesting new credit such as a CLI.  Goto www.ftc.gov and file a complaint.  Let them know that this is happeneing and you have found from boards that you are not the only one NCO is subjecting to this.  Make it Clear that you have NOT requested new credit from them and that even though you realize that they have PP, they cannot code it as seeking new credit which is theonly thing that should result in a HARD inquiry.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I was searching here at Myfico and came across a thread talking about NCO insisting another poster must have applied for credit, a mortgage or something. Well i applied for a mortgage yesterday so I got to think it was strange. Found this:

NCO Credit Services is a professional credit reporting service dedicated to providing high quality credit reports and services to both large and small institutions that grant credit to consumers and businesses.  A leader in the industry since 1985, NCO Credit Services specializes in the preparation of credit reports for the mortgage industry.   http://www.ncocreditservices.com/ncoabout.html

The alert say "NCO Credit S", so maybe this is a differant divison of NCO???
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

buckeye74 wrote:
that doesn't sound good.  I have an account with NCO as well and they are nasty.  Who knows what they have up their sleeve.  how were you able to get the account deleted?  I have a bunch of inquiries by NCO that have affected my score.  they are apparently pulling my credit as a creditor issuing credit.  they also have my acct listed as "open, 120+ days past due" instead of a collection.  the account is from 2004.

I believe NCO is kind of know for deleting accts that are disputed with the CRA. I disputed them as not mine or unknown acct. and I guess NCO just had them deleted because it took less than two weeks to disapear.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rockjock wrote:
Well I was searching here at Myfico and came across a thread talking about NCO insisting another poster must have applied for credit, a mortgage or something. Well i applied for a mortgage yesterday so I got to think it was strange. Found this:

NCO Credit Services is a professional credit reporting service dedicated to providing high quality credit reports and services to both large and small institutions that grant credit to consumers and businesses.  A leader in the industry since 1985, NCO Credit Services specializes in the preparation of credit reports for the mortgage industry.   http://www.ncocreditservices.com/ncoabout.html

The alert say "NCO Credit S", so maybe this is a differant divison of NCO???

They are different NCO Financial is the collection side.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.