Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Credit Users

tag
Donks3369
Established Contributor

True Credit Users

On TC there is a spot for reporting date from each CC company.  Is this the date that my credit report is updated and typically how long before was the information sent to them.  Any insight would be great.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: True Credit Users

Donks3369 wrote:
On TC there is a spot for reporting date from each CC company.  Is this the date that my credit report is updated and typically how long before was the information sent to them.  Any insight would be great.

I believe that is the date that specific account was updated. I don't know if that is the date that the CRA updated or the date that the creditor reported the update. I believe it is the date that the CRA updated.

The CRA normally updates within a week or so after receiving the information, but they can and have taken longer.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is the date the creditor reported.

Message 3 of 8
Donks3369
Established Contributor

So when the creditor updates the CRA, does it happen the same day or take awhile?  For example.  On my WAMU card it says dated reported, 06/10/08.  Does this mean it will update my CR on 07/10/08?
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Donks3369 wrote:
So when the creditor updates the CRA, does it happen the same day or take awhile?  For example.  On my WAMU card it says dated reported, 06/10/08.  Does this mean it will update my CR on 07/10/08?

No, it usually takes a few days (or even longer) as sidewinder noted above.

If your WaMu card reports around the 10th of each month (WaMu statement dates are notoriously jumpy, btw, so it won't be the same day every month), then the date reported will always be that date, but you won't actually see that new updated data until the CRA updates your report, which usually only takes a couple of days but could occasionally take up to a couple of weeks.

Message 5 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Most of my creditors report on the statement date, then it takes from a couple of days to weeks before the CRAs actually update.  For instance, TU is currently not showing a couple of things that EX and EQ are already showing
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's the date that the creditor reported.

But EX via TC seems to have gone a little wacko this month. I have three EX accounts claiming a 7/1 report date, even though they haven't reported yet this month.

All I can figure is that TC didn't enter the updates at the proper time in June, so they're all showing 7/1 instead. (I know it's not an intercycle update, because these are June balances showing, not July.)

And since EQ only reports month/year, sometimes it displays the first of the month and sometimes the last day. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Not a TC problem but I have noticed a lag this month with EX on a couple of accounts. My Chase account has been updated for a few days on both EQ and TU (shocking) but so far no update on EX. Card cut on the 2nd. Usually, no always, EX gets updated info within 24 hours on ALL my accounts. Strange.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.