Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

True Credit "alert"....

tag
jackg
Established Contributor

True Credit "alert"....

showed up this morning when I logged on. It was from Experian, and they were reporting that Capitol One had reported my "Credit card over credit limit". I have never seen anything like this and I was alarmed because my Cap 1 card has a $2000 CL and my current balance, I checked my on line account, is about $140.00.

I immediately called Cap I and after three transfers I talked with "Wade". He did not have acces to any info. that would ID what triggered the alert. He looked at my account and agreed it wasn't over limit. The only suggestion he had was to make a copy of the alert and send it to their "Dispute Dept." in Richmond , VA and request an investigation. He said they will contact EQ and get back to me within 10 days. I thought about it and it seems like the best course of action at this time. After all, what would I say to EQ? First you have to have a report #, and there isn't anything on my CR anyway.

Has anyone experienced anything similiar?
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jackg
Established Contributor

Re: True Credit "alert"....

BBBBBBBBBBBB
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: True Credit "alert"....

It might be a TrueCredit hiccup. Since that's a regenerated report, and the original seems to be OK, and the creditor says it's OK, you might want to wait another 24 hours, pull your TC reports again, and see if anything is there.

By the way, EX or EQ? You have both in your post.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.